BB Women and Gamecocks coming up at 2

Every time I watch them I am just enraged by the lack of effort on rebounding.

Every attempted rebound is flat footed on the ground.
I don’t know if our girls CAN’T jump or just DON’T

2 Likes

First, my jumping elevation is similar to a turtle’s but I can’t dibble either so I concentrated on developing my spectating skill. A hundred years we had two two fellow high school students that were both near 6’5’’ and in that time they were considered tall. Our basketball coach, attracted by their height, persuaded both to try out for basketball. With the coach’s encouragement they committed to physical regimen of running required and pull forth a serious effort to play. Their running gaits were worth a ticket but their jumping while excelling mine, was similar that of the Razorbacks’ hands up dancing around pseudo jumping style of yesterday. Soon the coach lost interest and they gravitated further and further down the bench. All that said, height doesn’t seem to be an asset for the women Razorbacks…it seems more determinant. The shorter players jump…the others don’t.

Really doesn’t matter how many five stars you bring in until he starts teaching rebounding and defense they’re going to continue to get pounded

2 Likes

Some team might catch South Carolina on an off night and win, but there are only two or three programs that can come close to matching that team in size and talent. Dawn Staley is in dynasty mode.

1 Like

I was really surprised to see MS St come within 7 points of them.

True, youdaman. IMHO, they just aren’t physical enough to go up against the elite of the conference. They can shoot the three, but there are nights when that’s just not enough. They are no where near as physical and athletic as SC or LSU. There is a technique to rebounding and it takes want to and physicality to be successful at it.
They are fun to watch when they are on, but it’s hard to watch the beat downs.
I give credit to Neighbors for his ability to recruit. He’s got the height and length needed, but they just lack the physicality needed in this league.
Look no further than LSU and SC for example.

1 Like

You got that right Matt. She’s the new Geno. He used to be the new Pat.