BB knew before the game ended and the players did too

Do y’all really think every fan with an Internet connection knew but they didn’t?

He threw a lot of folks under the bus in his closing press conference…except himself. Brett is all hat and no cattle.

They knew the rumors were all out there, but he didn’t get the official word till they were walking into the dressing room. We’ve certainly get to experience the old saying “an publicity is good publicity”. We’re definitely getting the publicity for this.

“…the official word…”

Who did he “throw under the bus” in that press conference? I watched the whole thing & he showed nothing but class. I’d love to know who you think got thrown under the bus.

Celebrations for many today it seems. A change had to be made and was, which I agree with. Just an absolutely classless way to do it. I’ve never known us to fire a coach that way, even Jack Crowe’s firing was a day later.

Who did he throw under the bus? He was classy throughout. I watched the whole thing. Me thinks you have an axe to grind. Gimme a break.

It was not classless. It was done with the papers in mind.

But this is a forum for anyone and everyone to to express an opinion as to the perfect way to do a very hard thing.

Meant players

Bret threw NO ONE under any “bus.” He was total class. People’s aural listening skills have clearly been marred by their hatred.

Man. If you don’t win some people HATE you. I understand the firing.

The hate I will NEVER understand.

Go get some self-esteem.

I watched the post game again and may have over- reacted. It wasn’t as bad as I thought at first. However, here are the general comments that lead me to my initial impression:

1:30-2:30) injuries are the problem
2:30) had the toughest schedule in the SEC
9:00-9:30) the people that ultimately pulled the trigger didn’t know what we are really doing

i felt the timing had the players in mind
gave coach time to say good bye

coach was pure class in his comments
but
what else would anyone expect ?

he has been pure class the entire time he has been here. much loved by players and fans alike

his only issue is not winning

i wish he wouldve won
but he didnt and its time to turn the page

Inmates running the Assylum

You get what you wish for

GOBN

Wait til Gus wins the Iron Bowl

:smiley:

All the above were true…imo even the last example, because the interim AD did not “pull the trigger”, she was just the messenger. I didn’t think he said anything in the pc that was in any way inappropriate. Had I just been handed my pink slip, I might just have conveniently forgot there was a press conf, and left the bldg.

Injuries was a big factor when you lose 7-8 of your best players going back to last spring with RWiii. We aren’t Bama with 3 deep of 5 star players.
Any way CBB came in with class & went out with class from his side of the ball.
We will soon see who the back door mafia hires next.

I never heard him say anything about the people that ultimately pulled the trigger “didn’t know what they were doing.” I think he said he wished they would have come and watched his process up close. That’s hardly throwing anyone under the bus.

As for the first two things you list…that has nothing to do with criticizing anyone! Some will call those excuses. People like me will say those were actual factors within the context. But they aren’t criticisms of anyone.

I thought he was UNBELIEVABLY gracious. Way more than I would have been able to be in that circumstance. I learned something today about grace under fire. I have worked hard on that precise thing since my wife’s cancer. But I do believe I learned another lesson today.

Classy presser - jeepers, he just got his official walking papers!

Glad he said goodbye to the players. Maybe it is just Petrino, but isn’t it somewhat commonplace for coaches to NOT get to say goodbye to players?

I would not be surprised if we find out that CBB said, at some point, “if I’m going to be fired get it over with quickly, and make sure I get a chance to be the one to tell my players.”

If that is true, Peoples stock went up a notch. If not, kudos to CBB for taking that initiative.

So u think all the injures are wrong?? I guess u are one to think any team can overcome them right.

Gag

[quote=“Hogmaestro”]
I never heard him say anything about the people that ultimately pulled the trigger “didn’t know what they were doing.” I think he said he wished they would have come and watched his process up close. That’s hardly throwing anyone under the bus.

As for the first two things you list…that has nothing to do with criticizing anyone! Some will call those excuses. People like me will say those were actual factors within the context. But they aren’t criticisms of anyone.

I thought he was UNBELIEVABLY gracious. Way more than I would have been able to be in that circumstance. I learned something today about grace under fire. I have worked hard on that precise thing since my wife’s cancer. But I do believe I learned another lesson today.
[/quote] the previous poster quoted BB as saying “ the people who ultimately made the decision didn’t know what WE were doing” & wish they had come down & seen. Yes he was very gracious. He has always been classy & I wish it had worked out for him but it didn’t & I wish him well

You have my sympathy.

As an old man, one of the hardest lessons to learn in life is that folks hear what they want to hear. It is absolutely amazing what a person with even a slightly tainted agenda can fabricate when they want to.

Bret was fired moments before his PC. PC’s are unscripted. What is a realistic expectation under the circumstances? I think your piss poor dissected quotes do you much more of an injustice. He conducted himself with class and dignity. Perhaps you need to watch again trying to learn the same.