Basketball Summer Camp

Corliss made a ton of money in the NBA and is set for life. He’s also 100% vested in the NBA retirement program.

The minimum benefit for a player that retires at the age of 62 is $56,988 per year - not a bad retirement for a three-year career. Current players will receive $12,400 per year for each season played, maxed out at $124,000. The pension is in addition to any investments they have made.

Corliss is far from the minimum…may have been undersized but didn’t matter when it came to setting himself and his family up for life.

good points, PJ, don’t know how I didn’t think of 2 of my favorite Hogs on recent teams.

that’s what I get for posting before having coffee lol

GHG

Yup. Big Nasty is just fine financially. He was in coaching because he wanted to be, not because he had to find a paycheck (although getting health insurance for your family never hurts). Twelve years in the NBA and six years as an NBA assistant.

He was the #13 pick (lottery) in '95. I just think he would have gone a few spots higher in '94, thus gotten a bigger signing bonus and been even more financially secure. And yes I think he came back to UA to try to go back to back, which almost happened anyway.

Yes, that is what Corliss and Scotty said and I believe it and am grateful for that.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.