Baseball America has A&M and Auburn

As top 8 seeds, and us as the 11 seed entering this weekend. That would be paired with the Miami regional. But they did note we could have 20 or more SEC wins by the time we leave Hoover which would be tough to keep out of the top 8.

I get A&M, but not Auburn.

1 Like

RPI of 4, basically.

Ah…

Auburn has some big wins that are going to feed its RPI through the end of the year — neutral site over Texas Tech, two wins at Texas A&M, one win at Tennessee, not to mention series wins at LSU and at home over Vanderbilt.

I’m with you Matt on the podcast I think they’re using the RPI as a crutch because they don’t watch enough baseball and I agree with bubba if your top eight in the polls you are a top eight national seed this RPI is an absolute joke to have somebody like Auburn who was number 3 in RPI when we played them I believe and we(ranked4) were something like 28 I believe is absolutely ridiculous

2 Likes

Looks like we might need to sweep Bama. If not, need to win 2 in Hoover. Not sure 20 wins gets us there. Starting to really hate those in-state games and the loss to MO St

1 Like

Arkansas moved up several spots to No. 20 in the RPI after the Auburn series. Had Arkansas won the series over Vanderbilt last week, I think RPI would be fine.

Warren Nolan’s site projects Arkansas will finish with the No. 18 RPI. That assumes some victories in the next week, obviously.

A strong finish in Tuscaloosa should help build up the RPI. It could really make some gains if the Razorbacks have a good week in Hoover. I think just playing Tennessee would be a boost to RPI, even if the Vols won the game. I don’t think that matchup would occur outside of the championship game, though.

We really need to win today’s game because they are throwing a left-hander tomorrow and we know how tough that’s going to be on us

1 Like

Not every left hander is going to shut down Arkansas. Grayson Hitt has been one of Alabama’s worst pitchers in SEC play.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying Matt but we’ve seen pitchers with a worse eras than him have great success against us it totally blows my mind how it happens because we have some really good right hand hitters but it seems to. We are due to break out against one I would love for it to be tomorrow

2 Likes

We have a tendency to make crappy pitchers look like all stars.

The Hogs resume is mediocre this season, we’ve done well versus the bottom feeders. Losing two to at home to Vandy speaks to the whole season. Even Bama outhit the Hogs yesterday.

Maybe mediocre by our lofty standards, but most would love to have our results.

5 Likes

The game is decided by who scores the most runs, not who gets the most hits. Talk about your meaningless statistic…

But you’ve established yourself as Mr. Negative, so I have to take that into account, Which reminds me of something I need to do.

5 Likes

Hits don’t always equate to runs. We’ve beat a lot of teams that out hit us but obviously didn’t out score us. It’s been our ability to hit the HR with runners on base that has propelled us to wins despite being out hit.

2 Likes

It’s ALL moot, just win! DVH and team know where they stand and what they have to do. If Hogs win the West, they will be playing in Baum. Big win yesterday, now it’s Mr. Noland’s turn to step up.

It doesn’t matter if Bama out hit us yesterday one bit. We’ve had several games this year where the other team has out hit us, but we SCORED MORE runs than them. Just like yesterday. Check out this quote from the Bama head coach about our game yesterday:

“We did a lot of good things tonight. We put up seven zeros and Jake Leger was really good behind McMillian. But the difference in the game was really when Arkansas had people on base, they hit two homers and a double and when we did, we hit singles.”

Now, read that part in bold again.

1 Like

The Razorbacks have won seven games this year when they were out-hit.

Arkansas two-hit Texas A&M and lost. It happens.

2 Likes

Bama is not a bad baseball team they’ve lost 12 one run games and were good enough to sweep Ole Miss,take two of three from Texas A&M and beat Tennessee. That’s what makes this conference so demanding everybody’s got at least one good starter and one or two good bullpen people. The flip side of that is it also helps you when it comes to region play because you will have seen just as good or better than what you see in your region
Missouri went into Georgia last night and destroyed them

2 Likes