Barry Odom's farewell

4 Likes

The classy farewell we would expect from a class-act guy. I wish him the best at UNLV.

I think Coach Pittman has the connections to get a great replacement - we’ll see.

Hate to hear that Loggains may be headed to South Carolina and it is still TBD about Briles. Not sure who will handle DC duties for the Bowl game and I hope we will still have an OC on staff for at least 20 more days.

4 Likes

Class act as always. Coach Odom was a great resource for Coach Pittman settling in his head coaching duties. All the best Coach Odom.

Sorry to see Odom’s departure. Believe he was presented with a difficult hand this season with injuries, exits via the portal, & S&C & perhaps took a lot of heat for circumstances beyond his control.

Understood Coach Odom enjoyed Fayetteville, UofA, & his close friendships with CSP & HY. He was a class act & believe that UofA will miss him next year more than we realize. Good luck to him!

3 Likes

I think so as well - seems like a genuinely good person

Yep. I feel this way. He really helped Pitt get started. Unfortunately, with our non-deep team we had lots of key injuries this season, which made coaching and winning quite difficult.

My fingers are crossed that somehow next year’s team can show this year to be an aberration and last year more or the norm.

I was at the Catfish Hole when he got to town. Someone took him a Hog shirt and he changed before coming in. He was most gracious, if (very) slightly bewildered at the atmosphere. He was welcomed with open arms.

3 Likes

Class coach and man. All the best Coach Odom.

Class act.

On the other hand, still waiting on a tweet from Chaggie thanking us for sitting through two years of football Hell while he pocketed $12mm for wins over Co State, Portland State, Eastern Illinois, and Tulsa.

He is for sure a great guy, wish him well.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.