Barry Lunney

Will get the start at HC tomorrow in the First Responders Bowl as Covid takes out Coach Traylor. Tough assignment against the school formerly known as U-LAFF.

1 Like

All the best for Barry. I’ll be rooting for him and the team. We’re friends with one of his Hog teammates family. They speak very highly of Coach Lunney.

3 Likes

Great guy, good coach, and I was at that Tennessee game where he got his first start at QB for us when we upset the Vols. Hope his team does Barry good and brings back a win.

Barry knows the drill. He’s gone against No. 1 LSU in Baton Rouge. This will be a piece of cake.

Barry Lunney is a class act. I hope he has success and eventually gets a head coaching job!

1 Like

Look for Barry to eventually be a very successful P-5 HC, would be fitting if it was at AR down the line.

couldn’t agree more, Army. I’ve mentally penciled in a dozen years with CSP, with a couple Heisman award and a couple natties, then he gracefully has a retirement/unveiling of his statue ceremony, announcing CBL as our next HC. This will break the heart of all UT and LSU fans, who desperately want to have CBL, but since they’re both on the death penalty, he comes home…and wins 2 more Natties.

sounds reasonable, right?

GHG

I like your thinking. Why not?

Holdenhogfield, it would sound reasonable if Pittman would become a bit more physically fit.

It is hard to imagine him keeping the pace of a college football coach for 12 more years.

Other than that, I’m with ya.

You just aren’t going to see coaches, no matter the fitness level, lasting 12 years anywhere very often. It’s too easy for an AD to pull the trigger if there’s a bad year, and too hard to avoid those bad years, and if you succeed there’s always someone trying to hire you away, at a bigger school or the NFL or whatever. Right now there are 14 FBS coaches who have been at their current school for more than 10 years; Gary Patterson, our bowl opponent, is one of those 14. So only 11 percent of current FBS coaches lasted a decade. Half of the coaches in FBS have been there two years or less.

I’ll be happy if Sam makes it to age 65 at UA with a winning percentage of 60% or more (given that he’s in a 3-7 hole at the moment). That would require him to go 52-29 over the next six years, assuming a bowl game every year and no division titles/playoff bids.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.