Barry Dunning, Jr., has signed with Arkansas

is underway:

3 Likes
4 Likes

It’s always nice to see the pictures of the young men on signing day with their parents!

1 Like

Looks like Dad is a shade taller at the moment. Barry might still grow a bit.

2 Likes
1 Like

Richard what are Dunning’s strengths??

Can get his shot from all 3 levels. Gained 25 pounds of muscle in last year. Think William Mills.

4 Likes

William Mills. What an exciting comparison basketball wise.

Even more exciting is that Barry appears to be about 9000% ahead of Mills on his off-court life and people who can help him as a player and a young man. Mills’ demons cost him so very, very much.

3 Likes

Wow… he will be a stud then…thanks

1 Like

Looks like a real man!

1 Like

What was the deal with Auburn and Alabama recruiting Barry?

Some have said they never gave him a firm offer…that seems hard to believe.

Ditto…one of my favorites.

I’m curious about this too. Definitely looks like an SEC player.

1 Like

Per his head coach, Barry had firm offers from Alabama and Auburn.

Those who say he didn’t are making excuses for the fact that he just wanted to leave the state.

He kept South Alabama in the mix because it was in his hometown, but he wasn’t going to end up there.

Kind of like Kel’el Ware with Arkansas.

1 Like

'Bama right w the Hogs in recruiting, difference is they got a 3 in their mix of five, interestingly none from within state lines.

That seems to fit right in with Bama in general. Less than 40% of this year’s freshman class at Bummer was from in state. (Ours was about 46% if you’re wondering).

Sheesh- Dunning looks like he has the frame to add another 20-25 lbs on top of what he already gained. He could end up as a beast once his body fills in! Excited to have this young man playing for us in the future!

1 Like

Did he do OVs to Alabama and Auburn? From what I see on recruiting pages, doesn’t show OVs to those schools. But they could be outdated.

We know Ware did OV to Arkansas.

If he knew from the get go he was not going to go to Bama or Auburn, why would he waste an OV, when they are limited to 5 a year?