Bad Romance

As it looks to me, this whole thing is playing like romance movie. The guy (BoT) falls in love with a girl (Malzahn) but she moves away. After going through a few girlfriends, the guy thinks he finds a suitable wife (CBB) and asks her to marry him. He then realizes its not a perfect fit and that the first girl was the one he wanted the whole time. In our case, it seems that Long was the only thing getting in the way because he is adamantly against hiring Malzahn as the head coach. My bet is Long put up a good fight, but was relieved of his duties for not executing the Board’s wishes. But will it be happily ever after for the young couple?

All of this may be true. I would just expect someone (Long) who works for someone else (BOT) to say “I don’t think that is a good move and here is why…” BUT, when the boss says “Thanks for your input, but that is what I want to do, do it”, to frankly, just do it. Different answer if what the boss wanted was illegal or immoral, of course.

I work for a set of bosses. If they tell me to do something I disagree with (again, not illegal or immoral, I just don’t think it is the right move) I will try to talk them out of it, but in then end, they are the bosses.

So the boy contacts his long lost love, and after talking on social media and the phone a few times, he believes she feels the same as he does. The boy divorces his previous bride, alienates himself from his family, and asks his lost love to come “home” and marry him. However, seems the long lost love isn’t as interested as he was led to believe and now he is stuck with huge alimony and child-support payments, and he is alone.

To quote Paul Harvey, “and now you know the rest of the story”.

I think that is very likely to happen!!!