Back to the horny back toads

I was probably more surprised by their win than Georgia’s near loss yesterday. I really questioned why they were even there. Of course the only games I saw them play this year were against Baylor and Kan-saw State. Yesterday I saw the great speed that I have been hearing about, and it was impressive. As for Georgia, their much heralded Defense, didn’t just look mortal, they looked vulnerable. Could be a real track meet for the title. Not sure who will win, but the over/under should be around 90 points.

3 Likes

Nice post title. Two of the most entertaining high level college games you will see back to back. Kudos to selection committee. All four teams came to play for a title and were great games for the ages

3 Likes

A little Elton John there! Nice!

“Back to the howling old owl in the woods, huntin’ the horny back toad…”

That lyric could have been written by a Southwest Conference fan. Pretty sure Bernie Taupin isn’t, though.

TCU specialized in comebacks all season. Didn’t need one yesterday.

3 Likes

They were constantly talking about Georgia’s secondary, which is not as good as normal but where they’re not nearly as good at is up front. They don’t have 4 NFL players up there like last year. They have one in #88 Carter and they have one in Nolan Smith#4 who was hurt and couldn’t play but outside of that I’m not sure they have any…They also don’t have those elite 4.4 running linebackers like they had last year. They lost a lot of talent off of last years incredible defense. The offense’s of today are so good that unless you have that kind of talent they’re going to score 30+points

1 Like

Did anyone find it interesting that announcers last night kept talking about Carter the defensive lineman All American who is supposed to be all that and how much they had to rotate him and how tired he was? I know it was probably warmer in the Dome as evidenced by cramping issues, interestingly I seem to remember Georgia players having more issues than Ohio State, but doesn’t that create questions as related to the next level.

Something tells me Elton John has never touched a frog of any kind… nice song though.

I would imagine he’s kissed a few. In hopes of finding his Prince Charming. He is a pretty big sports fan. Who knows, he might even know who Busty and Judy are.

Pretty sure he’s more into futbol than football. Although he did recently play in the Charlotte football stadium. And as to fandom, he might be partial to our Hogs, he likes the fighting on Saturdays and seems to be partial to our Rocket man.

Well his lyrical accomplice, has certainly tauped into our Hogs. Elton is also a huge Braves fan, so I would not assume that he isn’t into American football as well. I think Candle In The Wind had a subliminal message for Mississippi State fans in the early 80’s. It seems to me the fate of the 83 Egg Bowl, was like a field goal into the wind.

Elton has been found at Dodger Stadium a few times during baseball season (he lives in LA), and apparently is a Braves fan as well.

He owned the Watford soccer team in England on two different occasions, both times overseeinng a rise up the English soccer pyramid to the top level. He no longer owns the club but has been named Watford’s Honorary Life Chairman, and the east grandstand at Vicarage Road stadium is named the Sir Elton John Stand. Really a pretty similar story to Ryan Reynolds and Rob McIlhenny buying Wrexham AFC, another team that had fallen on hard times and needed an injection of cash and excitement.

And he owned the Philadelphia Freedom of the Team Tennis League with Billie Jean King. He lived in Atlanta when I did. I was a realtor in Intown Atlanta at the time. I knew a lot of people who’s paths crossed with him. Including one guy he threw up on In a bar! After he sobered up, he was a very much treasured member of the community. He went to a lot of Braves games.

Elton fell hard into the “sex, drugs and rock 'n roll” stereotype. Dealing with his conflicts on whether he was gay or straight probably didn’t help either.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.