Away team?

Why are we not the home team tonight?

When both teams are the home team the day before, a coin flip determines the home team for the next game.

Hmmm. Should go to higher seed!

Even though we’re not the home team, I see we’re still in our usual home dugout. I thought part of the package is that we had to give that up, too. Did USM prefer the first base dugout so the teams just agreed to ignore the dugout switch?

Even though we’re not the home team, I see we’re still in our usual home dugout. I thought part of the package is that we had to give that up, too. Did USM prefer the first base dugout so the teams just agreed to ignore the dugout switch?

The NCAA passed something last year that allows host teams to use their dugouts, regardless of whether they are the home or away team during a game.

Good. That’s a good change.

The next change they need to pass is replay! There have been some pretty close calls that have happened that were wrong! You can’t say bad calls because they were close.
There have been plays at the plate where catchers have set up in the baseline to receive the ball on a play at the plate where it appears it violates the rule!
The same can be said of a few plays at second base. Replay is needed in baseball.

No replay in the regionals, but they’ll have replay in the supers and in Omaha. Which is kinda strange.

I do agree it’s strange! To have replay in the super regional round and in Omaha doesn’t seem right when you don’t have replay in the regional. It could potentially change who makes it to the super.