Auburn vs Alabama tonight

I’m really curious to see how this game plays out. It may give us a little insight after playing Bama. I’m hoping Bama wins!

Glorified x’bition game…doesn’t really even matter…be savin’ their pitchers.

Correct. The games that matter between them are later in the season.

Neither team has light up the scoreboard early. Of course our hogs haven’t don’t anything through 4 innings at Missouri State!

Right now bottom of the 8th Alabama leads 4-3 at the plate with runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

I too am hoping for Bama to beat Auburn.

I noticed a mention of exhibition game. I was gonna ask… didn’t Bama and Auburn do some wierd sort of mid-week thing where the games don’t count in the SEC standings, but I guess exhibition answers that.

Anyways as hard as it is to squeeze these words out… Roll Tide Roll… Go Bama.

Looks like they just picked up 2 more runs as its now 6-3 Bama.

While I hope Bama wins and beats Auburn I will not say the phrase!

There are several schools who play rivals out of conference. The games count, but are not conference games. Arizona State and Arizona play those. I’m sure there are quite a few like that.

This might not be a conference game, but it’s still not an “exhibition” game—at least no more than ours was against Mo St. I want Bama to win for the simple reason that, for whatever small amount it is, will reduce Auburn’s RPI & will increase Bama’s. Both help us.

Ole Miss always plays Miss. state every yr.

All western division team play each other every year! The hogs don’t play Georgia, Florida or South Carolina in conference play this season. I wish we played Florida this year and beat their rear ends.
Vandy is a tuff draw, Missouri was tougher than expected their pitching is pretty good especially the LHP and Tennessess will be interesting playing aginst Tony V. For the first time since he left the hill for the Vols Head coaching duties.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

All western division team play each other every year! The hogs don’t play Georgia, Florida or South Carolina in conference play this season. I wish we played Florida this year and beat their rear ends.
Vandy is a tuff draw, Missouri was tougher than expected their pitching is pretty good especially the LHP and Tennessess will be interesting playing aginst Tony V. For the first time since he left the hill for the Vols Head coaching duties.

[/quote]Vandy would be a tremendous challenge in Fayetteville…but 3 road games…argh.

What I enjoy is seeing Auburn struggle mid-week.

[quote=“daBoar”]

I enjoy watching Auburn get beat period!
I hope Gus get fired this year!

The Vandy series will be tough but fun. I hope the hogs get the weekend staters lined out this weekend. That’s the number 1 key to get figured out during conference play.
The hogs will be challenged at Vandy and it will be nice to just win 1 game but if they were able to take 2 games that would be huge! I don’t think we could even think about a sweep we just need to avoid being swept.
The same can be said for the Miss St series in Baum!

Ole Miss plays Moo U in a non-conference mid-week game that fits the discussion in this thread. This year they play on Tuesday, April 23.