Auburn - Told You Guys!

Yesterday under “Will we win” I assured you we would because I would not watch as they play very badly when I do. It seems it took 15 min. playing time for them to realize I indeed was not watching and I think someone probably from Auburn told them the lie that I turned in for the last two minutes (I didn’t).

I thought about the game all evening and was tempted, but watched a movie with my wife instead. I knew we needed the W.

I will be waiting for my Big Mac Sack . Do they come in the mail or will a bag man come by the house. Perhaps there is a Dead Drop somewhere. I am new to the Bank of Micky D and do not know how it works.

9 Likes

Prior to this year, we have in recent years been out of the country about this time of year. Each time the Hogs go on a winning streak. Sorry the pandemic shut down our travels.

2 Likes

I decided not to watch also. Instead of watching the game, I went to my community center and played the game. About 40 minutes of 3v3 with teenagers, and yes, it was 40 minutes of hell for this just turned 63 year old. After some stretching, I went upstairs and flipped over to the network. We were just starting the second half and were down 12. Rather than watch at that point, I decided to walk laps around the indoor track. Every 1/10 mile I would walk past the tv and see the score. Didn’t take many laps before we were back in the game, but I still refused to watch until the final seconds. Probably saved myself a heart attack by missing some of what occured near the end.

2 Likes

You can still “listen” to the game. Just can’t “watch” it correct?

1 Like

I cannot. I, like Jim, would like to take full credit for the game, due to my not watching. If I even listen on the radio, we are also 90% more likely to lose. Heck, I’ve even affected Hawg baseball!

But last night, I watched zero seconds, and voila! we win.

GHG

1 Like

Torture to not watch or listen, but on the other hand ???

I joined you and avoided the live broadcast which is all I can do in the deep woods without a television possibility. However I did cheat and watched the score on my phone. I could have listened on XM if I wanted to set in my truck or used Tune in Radio. I stuck to my guns and didn’t listen. It’s a grueling task since there is a delay. My phone stuck on a one point lead and 2 seconds remaining for about 15 minutes.

Good one. Thanks for your help.
A friend of mine from Houston told me a similar story.

I have similar experiences when I tune into Cardinal baseball. If I turn it on, Joe Smuckey a rookie from Nova Scotia will immediately hit his first home run as a major league player for the opposing team

1 Like

I’ve had thoughts concerning the same. BUT I don’t believe in superstitions and I pay good money for the addition to watch Arkansas sports so by gosh I’m going to watch. I’ve tried to cut back on my emotions level when we’re behind but that ain’t working for me. My next door neighbor is a Georgia fan and he will not watch a ga. football game It 's amazing how powerful sports are.

1 Like

True story: my wife was in the bathroom (a couple of times with our 7-year-old) for all 4 touchdowns in the 1999 UA-Tennessee football game (we won 28-24 and the goal posts went down). We still joke that she spend entire games in the bathroom.

1 Like

My superstition story, also related to UA-EOE games, is that during the 1998 game (I was home alone; don’t remember where my wife and son had gone for the day), I got nervous as the second half went on and started a load of laundry during a time out to have something to do. Then threw that load into the dryer during another time out. Shortly afterward, Stoerner stumbled and we all remember the rest. Ever since then I won’t have clothes in the laundry during a Hog game (although during the Morris mistake it wouldn’t have mattered; we were gonna get crushed regardless).

I think that it’s very important that we all notice how we affect our beloved hogs. It’s insight like we are sharing on this thread that will lead us to the promised land!

LOL, this is a goofy but very fun thread.

GHG

1 Like

I know when it started with me. January 1, 1965. As soon as Nebraska took the lead over us in the Cotton Bowl, my nerves couldn’t take it. My 6 year old self went outside and played football with neighborhoid kids. When I came back inside we had taken the lead 10-7, which , as everyone knows, was the final score.

Funny Jeff. I was at that game. We used a friends tickets and sat around some wonderful Vol fans. One of which became a good friend till he passed. My relative was sitting next to me and said “we’re going to win this game”. I turned to tell him not to jinx us and before I got it out of my mouth the Stoerner stumble happened. Sigh…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.