Auburn circling the drain....

13 pts in the 2nd half with 4 to play, down 21 to Alabama. Only time I would root for Bama.

The hell with Bruce Pearl.

Just breaks my lil heart. Hope they get bounced quickly from the dance and can get on to the business of being severely punished quickly.

The air does seem to have gone out of the balloon. Since they are only playing eight guys, not having any height is making it tough for them to sustain for a full game. They either have to play the three point shooters and give it up inside, which got them beat against us, or they have to help more inside and make themselves vulnerable to scoring guards, like Sexton.

If they are a five seed there will be many, many brackets that have them losing to their twelve seed opponent, and the four in their region will be getting a break.

I see this as the issue/problem with BB conference tourney championships. Auburn is in the dance, and they are short-handed. They play in the dance so soon, they just do not want to wear their legs out. They’ve already won the SEC, so they don’t mind losing the SEC tourney.

Arkansas is in the same boat. Let’s see if they go 110%, or just 85%. They do not need to advance.

Alabama do. They will play their hearts out to try for post season play.

“She was only a whisky-maker, but he lover her still.”

[quote=“Tuschawg”]

I see this as the issue/problem with BB conference tourney championships. Auburn is in the dance, and they are short-handed. They play in the dance so soon, they just do not want to wear their legs out. They’ve already won the SEC, so they don’t mind losing the SEC tourney.

Arkansas is in the same boat. Let’s see if they go 110%, or just 85%. They do not need to advance.

Alabama do. They will play their hearts out to try for post season play.

“She was only a whisky-maker, but he lover her still.”

[/quote]You may well be right, but I would prefer to think that we neither have a coach nor players that think like this. Even making the finals, I would think these conditioned athletes could be ready by either Thursday or Friday for first round games.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

I think they’d want to beat Florida. They may not be as motivated as Bama or Miss St, but if I think our guys would be up for FL or KY.

I think the players want to beat any body they walk out on the court to play. I think MA and staff will not say one word to discourage that competitive attitude.

But in private, I don’t think the staff will worry one bit about an L tonight or over the weekend, or spend one minute after the post-game press conference is over feeling bad about a loss. And I think the players, especially a team with this many older players, won’t have any trouble flipping the switch either.