Auburn basketball

I’m a little amazed. The player Louisville had that was enrolled and had received cash to play as soon as the FBI arrested the assistant there informed that kid his was off the team and eligible to play.
Auburn on the other hand has 2 players in question and admit they know who they are yet those 2 players are still practicing and on the team. How is this possible?
Is this similar to Scam Newton ?

Seems to me they are calling the NCAA’s bluff. Considering their crazy UNC decision, I’m not surprised.

You may be right but when the proof has been given to the administration and you do nothing that should be just lack of enforcing the rules. It’s all about money.

What is alleged at Auburn and what is alleged at Louisville are completely different. You could argue that Person’s actions were detrimental to the AU basketball team.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

Seems to me they are calling the NCAA’s bluff. Considering their crazy UNC decision, I’m not surprised.
[/quote]What jurisdiction did the NCAA have in the UNC case?

Over half the students in these “classes” were not athletes. If anything UNC should lose their accreditation, which I do believe they have been on probation for.

What is the difference when a kid from Louisville parents get cash from Adidas and at Auburn 2 kids parents get cash from I believe a future agent.
Same principle. Paid to play.

If I’m not mistaken they were paid with an expectation to sign with the agent when their eligibility exhausted. They weren’t steered to Auburn from what I’ve gathered

Doesn’t mean they weren’t, but that’s not what the fbi alleges