Auburn 55, Mizzou 54

The Conference is either really, really balanced this year…. or just very mediocre overall.

I haven’t decide, yet, which one it is.

I think it’s the former. There are some ridiculously skilled players in this league. Gotta bring it every night.

1 Like

when you’re ranked #1 or real high,you get everybody’s best shot! and its impossible for you to bring energy every night and on a night where you’re off a little you can get beat,why you have to be very focused in this league,there are no gimmies

1 Like

Mississippi State taking Kentucky into overtime in Lexington tonight… need I say more

1 Like

Missouri is not a good basketball team. They’ve lost 6 games by 20+ points, including one by 37 and another by 43.

If Mizzou has made 2 of their missed FT’s, this would have been the upset of the year.

But on a given night they can be dangerous as you saw tonight they have also beaten Alabama one time and darn near beat them again…you can never count your chickens before they hatch in this conference if you do you’ll be regretting it

1 Like

Mississippi State is a very good team. I’ll be surprised if they aren’t in the NCAAT.

Mizzou is not in the same conversation as State.

Especially when you are a newly crowned #1. Mizzou is just an awful place to play. Their fans are the worst. Still wish they would’ve beaten Pearl’s sweaty, cheating, a$$.

1 Like

I agree but you would not think they are good enough to go into Kentucky and play the way they have tonight. They are a very solid team, not always good though.
They have lost about 14 to a very poor Louisville team got beaten by 10 at Ole Miss got beaten by Florida who has been up and down… I think they can make the NCAA but would not be surprised if they don’t

1 Like

Don’t disagree with your premise. Gotta bring it every night in this league.

But actually how good is Alabama? Maybe not as good as once thought.

1 Like

Yeah you do have to bring it every night I just added some reasons why in my post above

1 Like

When those threes are dropping they are deadly just ask Gonzaga and Houston,but they live and die by so that’s why they are up and down

2 Likes

I just don’t think you can win big in college basketball with what Oats does. You have to have a mid-range game. Everything can’t be a 3 or layup.

1 Like

I totally agree with you, he signs incredible long lean athletes in hopes they can just out athlete you and when they’re on they are mighty impressive but when they’re not hitting those threes they are extremely average. Notice the Jekyll and Hyde games for us last year lost by 31 to them we beat them by 15

1 Like

We’ve got golden opportunities with Auburn and Kentucky in The Bud. Gotta take care of business tomorrow night.

1 Like

Yep BWA will be rocking!!

1 Like

Might be the best atmosphere in 20+ years. I was really impressed with the A$M crowd. Really, really gotta focus tomorrow night.

1 Like

I did not watch closely the entire game, but it seemed that Auburn was being protected by the officials. I know a typical Mizzou game often resembles a street fight, but Auburn seemed to able to hack, push and foul with a fairly high level of success. I know I am biased and even though I love a Missouri loss as well as the next guy, Bruce is a my least favorite SEC coach. Yes, I know Will Wade is a class A a-hole, but he at least owns it. Bruce is a media darling, side-show huckster who evidently has well placed friends possessing incriminating pictures on the right people.

1 Like

Auburn got calls late and the whistle didn’t blow Missouri’s offenses end mush at all coming down the stretch.
Missouri didn’t take care of the ball and they should have beaten Auburn tonight.

1 Like

It’s not uncommon for a team to have a letdown once they reach #1 for the first time. We did, way back in 1978. Got to the top, lost to Houston that Saturday. And it would be another 15.5 years before we got back to #1. Auburn survived this one, but the style points might knock them down anyway. Gonzaga is #1 in the coaches poll and only 29 points behind in the AP poll.