Article on bloomberg

I’ve always said sec officials protect the highest ranked teams. There is an article on Bloomberg titled,“do college football refs have it in for your team?” Wish I could copy and paste but their conclusion based on facts is that the answer is definitely yes. Not just sec but all conferences. More money for conference is you get someone on playoff or bcs bowl. And officials do their best to make sure that happens. There has been no doubt in my mind this happens in the sec. anyway it’s a good read. If someone can find article and paste feel free to do so. No tech wiz here

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features … -your-team

It would take a blind man to see that targeting could have been called against Bama several times this year. Vandy had Auburn beat and the refs overturned an obvious fumble and gave the ball back to Auburn. Looked back to our game against Auburn we snapped the ball and had our line to gain met and Auburn was awarded a timeout. What is pass interence aginst us hardly ever is called for us. Last week on an uncatchable ball we got flag and it keep Misery on the field! It has went against our hogs every since we joined this bias conference. Years ago it took penalties aginst our defense for Tenn and Payton Manning to beat our hogs. Storner getting tripped by the O line sealed it. If you think about in basketball and football we have gotten the short end of it every since we arrived to be step kids in the west. It won’t change either.

It would take a blind man to see that targeting could have been called against Bama several times this year. Vandy had Auburn beat and the refs overturned an obvious fumble and gave the ball back to Auburn. Looked back to our game against Auburn we snapped the ball and had our line to gain met and Auburn was awarded a timeout. What is pass interence aginst us hardly ever is called for us. Last week on an uncatchable ball we got flag and it keep Misery on the field! It has went against our hogs every since we joined this bias conference. Years ago it took penalties aginst our defense for Tenn and Payton Manning to beat our hogs. Storner getting tripped by the O line sealed it. If you think about in basketball and football we have gotten the short end of it every since we arrived to be step kids in the west. It won’t change either.

That was my opinion after watching Michigan vs Ohio St. I thought Ohio St got a lot of calls, non-calls, and favorable spots (both offensively and defensively). I believed the reason was if Michigan won, then they would probably win the B1G championship. That means the Final Four would have been Bama, Clemson, Washington, and Michigan. Now, however, there is a possibility that tOSU and the B1G champ (especially Penn St) gets in. The conference gets more money.

On the flip side, when I watched our game against Missouri, I questioned the side judge on the Missouri side all game long. He couldn’t spot correctly. He would run to the 35 start running in, if AR had the ball he’d run in toward the 34, if Missouri had the ball he’d run out toward the 36. Can’t figure out why they’d push Missouri over us. Makes no sense.

It’s obvious. I’ve been saying it for years. It was blatantly obvious versus undefeated TAMU in 2014 and 2015 (to name a pair of examples).

Without fail, the response is that we just need to play better and recruit better.

So, in addition to finding a way to win consistently when we often have lesser-ranked players, we also often have to overcome ridiculous officiating.

There has been several studies on this subject

The subconscious favoritism the refs give to

1. The higher ranked team
  2. The team with the most political clout

Remember the SEC refs at the start of the Arkansas game they made calls against Bama but intuitively tried to mark the yardage off against Arkansas lol

Case in point - so obvious