Arlington future

I wrote on the Razorbacks’ future in Arlington in this week’s magazine. Baseball future, that is.

Arkansas has committed to playing baseball games at Globe Life Field in Arlington through at least the 2026 season. We know the Razorbacks will play in the College Baseball Showdown in 2023 and 2024. The Globe Life organizers are looking into some other early-season events on the second and third weekends of the season. It is possible Arkansas might fit into one of those.

Bottom line: I think you’re going to see Arlington become an annual destination for Arkansas instead of the Razorbacks bouncing between some of the other early-season sites like Houston, Frisco and Round Rock.

So as the football games appear to wind down there, the baseball presence is just taking shape.

2 Likes

I love the ball park in Arlington. That would suit me just fine seeing us play there against very good competition,tells us where we are and what we need to work on.

1 Like

That’s good for me since I live in Fort Worth! Can’t wait for February to roll around!

1 Like

Plus, games will be played as scheduled with the domed ballpark!

1 Like

Works great for me!!

1 Like

I think that is the biggest plus. The weather is just too iffy outdoors that time of year, as the trip to Round Rock showed.

I am looking forward to getting to Arlington in February. I didn’t feel comfortable going in 2021 due to the weather leading up to the games.

Houston is also a dome but Round Rock sure isn’t.

Based on who I’ve talked to, Arlington has a better visitor experience than Houston.

I drove to Houston for their games at Minute Maid in 2016. I enjoyed it and would go back sometime if they kept playing there occasionally.

I’m looking forward to going to Arlington in February. I bought tickets for Round Rock last season and was disappointed to have to cancel (and eat the tickets) the way the weather turned out.

Just hoping for good enough weather to keep the roads okay for going to Arlington and the electricity on. I’m sure a major ice storm could still disrupt things a lot, dome or not.

I definitely love the plan to keep going back to Arlington.