Arkansas WR commit Jonathan Nance...

might have played his last junior college game Thursday night, but that depends on a couple of games on Saturday.

He has 13 catches for 153 yards this season in seven games for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

MGCCC is now 5-4, 5-2 in MACJC South league play

They can still finish anywhere from first to third in division with the top two teams advancing to the playoffs.

What’s up with these stats? I sure hope there’s a very good explanation of why such low numbers.

Same thing with TE Jeremy Patton and his 7 catches for 71 yards.

There is a lot of talent around them and they split up the catches. and both of their juco teams run the ball a lot

Patton only had 17 catches for 316 yards and 4 touchdowns as a freshman. Arizona Western obviously doesn’t throw to the TE much.

Still a little concerning. Especially considering he’s my a highly rated Juco prospect and doesn’t look to have elite size and speed.

Not a highly rated*

Patton is 6-6, 248

As Dudley noted, he’s 6-6, 248. He picked Arkansas over more than 20 offers, including Bama, Auburn, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Arizona State and others.

If he does what’s expected of him at Arkansas, he’ll be in the league in two years. He’s very talented.

Guys, I’m talking about nance. Patton has evident elite size and speed, i wouldn’t care if he didn’t catch a ball all season id understand his offer. I’m questioning Nance.

He’s fourth on the team with receptions and he’s played seven games. Two have played nine and the leading receiver has played 11 games. I assume he was hurt.

When he committed he chose Arkansas over Colorado State and Troy so the offer list wouldn’t blow you away.

I’m willing to trust Coach Smith on Nance. He’s apparently seldom wrong. But Nance’s numbers and stats are certainly dubious.

Nance and his team made it into the playoffs.

Bad news is they will face No.1 East Mississippi CC - of Last Chance U fame - this Saturday.

EMCC won the earlier match-up this season 42-28

Sometimes stats can be very deceiving when it comes to the value of a prospect. It could be the case of a team being very deep in talent, offense not really suited to a kids skills, a coach not utilizing a kid’s talent properly and so forth.

We’ll have a better idea once he gets on campus.