Arkansas women are a national seed at the NCAA Tournament

The Razorbacks are the No. 3 overall seed after winning the SEC championship. Arkansas is the top seed at the Austin, Texas, regional.

What Shauna Taylor has to say about the draw and a look at the field: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … ournament/

Highest national seed/ranking of any Hog team since ?Petrino?

The women’s track team has been ranked No. 1 for the better part of three seasons and won a national championship in 2015 and 2016.

Men’s baseball has been ranked No. 1 not long ago. Men’s golf has been ranked No. 1 in the past. But, this is a great ranking ahead of the post-season play. But, Matt’s right, Lance Harter’s women have been No. 1 so much that we take them for granted – and should not.

All of which were cause for laughter when people would say the Arkansas athletic department was in the dumpster under Long. Yes, football and, to some extent, basketball were not exactly where we would want them to be, but most of the other sports were doing pretty well. I’m not giving Long credit for that, but I’m also not going to take away any credit he may deserve. And now it’s Yuracheck’s program. We’ll see if the other sports continue to keep pace. I have no reason to think they won’t.

There are a lot of good coaches on campus right now.