Arkansas vs Texas

The Athletic had a very good story about the upcoming game at DRRS. The author highlights the intensity of the old rivalry and notes that the passion and hate for our old rivals remains and reminds younger fans of the epic games of the 60’s.

Despite the great teams we regularly play in the Sec, not one has ever replaced the universal hatred of our fans for the Longhorns.

Who Pig and Horns down.

5 Likes

Written by Sam Khan Jr., who is their state of Texas writer. Sam used to work for the Houston Chronicle and ESPN.

2 Likes

Sam mentioned 5,000 remaining tickets. I just looked at the available single-game tickets on the UA website. I counted 194, and 192 of those are premium seats (the other two are WUD on the very back row). I know there are also some unsold season tickets downstairs and in the club areas, but I don’t think there are 5,000 from what I can see (not gonna count them though). I’m seeing a lot of scattered singles except in the EUD.

1 Like

Most of the available Texas tickets are being withheld from the single-game pool for now and are being offered through season-ticket packages or mini-plan bundles.

1 Like

Which is why I also looked at what was still available for season tickets. Not all that much. Section 104, west side 50-yard line? Ten seats. Total. 103, right next to it? 27. Etc.

1 Like

Correct, if you look at the available season tickets, there’s still a couple thousand minimum between the goal lines.

1 Like

OK, let’s get a semi-definitive count of the green dots on the ticket website for sideline sections…

W107 – 111 seats.
W106-- 201 seats
W105 – 54 seats
W104 – 10 seats
W103 – 27 seats
W102 – 199 seats
W101 – 204 seats
WLD total – 806

East (remember that visitors and students take up a big chunk of the ELD)
E121 – 342
E122 – 150
E123 – 77
E124 – 155
E330 – 19
E331 – 13
E332 – 11
E333 – 5
E341 – 4
E342 – 8
E343 – 11
E344 – 19
Total 814

East nosebleeds (includes Pig Heaven and UD tickets)
U518 – 8
U519 – 23
U520 – 24
U521 – 17
U522 – 101
U523 – 61
U524 – 85
U525 – 3
U526 – 12
U527 – 28
Total 362

West nosebleeds:
W508 – 10
W507 – zero (I’m guessing those are mini-plan/single game, but not shown as available)
W506 – zero
W505 – zero
W504 – zero
W503 – zero
W502 – zero
W501 – zero
W500 – zero
Total 10.

Then you have some vacant club seats behind both end zones.

So yeah it’s about 2000 unsold sidelines - 1992 to be exact. Could I have miscounted? Sure. Possibly in both directions. But not by very much.

1 Like

This assumes that Texas has sold all of its seats. Is that known?

1 Like

Well, if EOE hasn’t, we won’t know that for a while. So I go with the info we have at this point. They’re certainly not offering any tickets in the visitors’ sections yet. But I’ll go nose around texassports.com and see what I can find.

EDIT: I’m back. The EOE ticket website allows them to apply for tickets to away games, but doesn’t say anything about availability for our game or any other.

1 Like

I think it will sellout, and somebody will get some good seats cheaper, lol.

1 Like

Yep I think it will sell out too. In the meantime, the cheapest thing StubHub has for the EOE game is $101 in the WUD. Downstairs starts at $199.

1 Like

My brother in law in Houston is a big Texas supporter, season ticket holder etc and he tried to get tickets for Fayetteville but couldn’t so I assume they sold their allotment. Is it known how many tickets visiting teams receive?

1 Like

They’ll get the 6000 we allot for visiting SEC teams, I would assume.

1 Like

You can buy from the ticket office in the club zones cheaper than that. I’m a little ticked that they are holding so many club seats back from selling as single game. Ones right in front of me are open but can’t buy them as single game. Maybe they will release them game week.

1 Like

I needed one more for the Texass game to add to my 6, I was able to get it. I noticed the other two on the end of the row sold as single game, too. When I clicked on the season ticket availability, it had several more in the rows in front available. To me, they need to sell whatever they can, but I’m not in that business.

1 Like

Not if you don’t already give a bunch of money to the RF.

1 Like

Yes, you can. They are on sale to the public.

1 Like

The rule about allocating 6,000 tickets to the visitors is only for SEC games. In the past they would offer visiting non con opponents 4,000 in most cases. That’s usually what is offered to us. Not many visiting fan bases would ask for that many, Texas would I’m sure. USC sold that many, but TCU and Texas Tech definitely did not

1 Like

They might as well offer all 6000 to the visitors. You can’t use them for season ticket packages unless all of them are returned.

I don’t remember USC bringing all that many people. They brought some; we had a very nice SC couple stop by the WebHogs tailgate, but Broomhead fans were not in huge supply. They did bring their band though, and when they played Tusk they chanted “U-C-L-A-sucks!”. Remember that the SC band played on Fleetwood Mac’s original recording of Tusk, even though we’ve borrowed it for our mascot. They definitely had it first.

1 Like

Based on the contract I have, Texas will receive 3,500 tickets to sell in addition to a redacted number of complimentary tickets.

1 Like