Arkansas vs. Florida SEC Tourney

Ground Hog day. we get one good inning from our pitcher, then they fall apart

Guys, we just aren’t a good hitting team. They are who they are. I just don’t see them changing. They are undisciplined at the plate and don’t seem to understand the strike zone. (To their defense, there are times the ump doesn’t either).

Let’s see what Florida does 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Base hit and we are down 2. Maybe the Hogs can wake up now!

You must be way behind, army

1 Like

Army is typically way ahead….like youdaman…

Well I paused it to feed the animals.

2 Likes

Cy Young is mowing us down

2 Likes

Yep. The Elway effect of baseball. We make every pitcher look like Cy Young.

This game is giving me food poisoning.

Lately the hogs have made some pitchers look really good with a terrible ERA! At least the hogs got a walk. I’m hoping our hogs wake up.

1 Like

Ahh baseball for breakfast. My omelette on a biscuit and coffee were really good. The baseball not so much to this point.

1 Like

Like they say, good pitching beats good hitting. In our case, bad hitting makes good pitching

1 Like

We’ve done nothing at the plate. Pop-ups, strike outs…nothing. Meanwhile, we allow hits & runs early.

I’ve been hoping for a late season turnaround. I know it’s still possible, but I’ve lost confidence in the team. 2-6 our last 8 games. If we lose today it’s 2-7 of 9. Hard to go on the road & win unless something changes in major fashion.

1 Like

A lead off hit in the 4th. Maybe we can do something here.

1 Like

In the immortal words of Mike Shannon… bacon, eggs and Budweiser.

2 Likes

Poor discipline at the plate. Take strikes and swing at junk. Take another strike 3. 6 K’s in 4 innings. That’s not going to get it done. In the last half of the SEC season our hogs have left ones like a team waiting on someone else to get the big hit!

1 Like

We swing under a lot of balls. Swings are weak. No concept of how to extend count.

That last strike call on Battles looked outside. Maybe too close to take, but I was sure it was B4 before the ump rang him up.

Same spot as the prior pitch which was called a ball. Not consistent on that call.

Great play guys!