Arkansas to add grad transfer DB

6-2, 210-pound Preferred walk on defensive back who has had great success at Marian (Ind.)University RT @WilsonDarrell_: @RazorbackFB @CoachJesseStone

I got a chance to him just a bit ago.

I can now mark “doing an interview in Kum N’ Go with my phone on speaker so I could tape it while several customers huddled around to listren excitedly” off my bucket list.

Seems like a great kid. Story and tidbits coming up in a little bit.

4 Likes

Now I will be looking for you Dudley any time I stop at a Kum n Go or other Mini Marts.

1 Like

Love the article. It’s great to get a 6’2 210 grad transfer safety (he looks like a LB on his tape the way he tackles). He’s exactly what’s needed against offenses today, speed and length. The SEC is a different speed, but glad to have him!

Marian seems to be a high level NAIA program; they actually had a player see some action with the Colts a couple of years back. But it’s a big jump from NAIA to the SEC. Maybe he’s good enough to make the jump.

Great! Has great size and is Willing tackler,will have to see how his speed is.Glad he’s here early.

Don’t you think he’d be a help on special teams at the least?

1 Like

Yes I think so, he has good size to help out on ST for sure.

I am thinking that the Covid19 Seniors who return + guys like this are where we catch up. Special Teams are going to suffer until we have scholarship depth. This is a gift - a kid who has experience (albeit at a lower level) but does not require a scholarship. Tyson Morris and Simeon Blair. Two guys who grew into meaningful playing time by earning it via special teams. We need St guys and they are most likely DBs and LBs (our two shallowest positions).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.