Arkansas received a big JUCO commit tonight

Brady Slavens was having a monster year at Johnson County Community College in Kansas, leading the NJCAA in home runs and RBI.

1 Like

Massive numbers at any level… great get.

It was a big jump from Wichita, which makes me wonder some about the quality of pitching he was facing. But you are correct, they are still great numbers. I’ll be interested to see how they translate.

That is wiffle ball in the backyard type numbers!! Unbelievable,he has a chance to step in and play short riight away although he will have to beat out the Smith kid who started at East Tennessee state for 3 years who redshirted.

He will have to beat out several. There are some really good recruits headed to Arkansas that will surprise people. This kid isn’t really SS quality having seen him play IF. The recruits coming are really high level defenders who can also swing it and have done it against really high level pitching in these All American and MLB events like Area Code, Perfect Game and Future Stars.

If he could produce half of those numbers as a hog it would be great that early in a season.
He can hit!

If we have a better SS than Robert Moore then I can’t wait to see our infield next year!

Oh I agree but I think DVH really likes him at second because of how well he turns a double play.