Arkansas offers DL committed to Illinois

Kendrick Green, 6-3, 270 of Peoria, Illinois pledged to the Fighting Illni on Dec. 22.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3008713/kendrick-green

Do they have an in with this kid? Any reason to think an in state kid committed to Illinois will consider flipping to the Hogs?

Doing some checking.

FWIW, I listed him as a DE but meant to say DL. I changed above.

Richard, when I see something like this in late Dec. I wonder why. It could be a lot of reasons, but surely we did not just now find him. Did he send out feelers to us or something happened to indicate he now has an interest. Does it mean that we lost out on someone else and are trying to go with plan C or D? Is it just a shot in the dark? What is the reason? Why now?

I wouldn’t always say a new offer means they’ve lost out of others. Schools make late offers. Sometimes you come across a guy late in the process you really like. It does appear that’s the case here.

Bama offered De’jon Harris late in the game last year. I did talk to Green’s coach and he believes he’s pretty solid to Illinois and won’t be visiting Arkansas. There’s still slightly more than a month to go until signing day so I wouldn’t say that’s 100% just yet.

I could be wrong, but I think Arkansas will get a visit from DL Malik Young of Eastern Arizona College. They’re still on Melvin Johnson too. It’s not unusual for new names to pop up late in the process.

Melvin Johnson, I assume??

Correct.

Richard, are the hogs aware of Lagarryon Carson from Liberty Eylau? Highly rated defensive lineman who just decommitted from Texas. I would assume that Mctelvin Agim knows him, he also went to LE for a period of time.

Glad to see you on board. The link below will answer your question.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4781