Arkansas makes 2020 offer

https://twitter.com/TheTB5Reports/status/1150205870699159558

Profile:https://www.prephoops.com/player/quevian-adger/

Looks like our coaches have hit reality. Until their is measured success on the basketball court were reliant on transfers and player’s of this caliber. (other offers Central Connecticut, Tulsa, Creighton & Louisiana Tech)

I’ve become desensitized by offers to the elite out of state recruits. At one point in time it use to reflect mutual interest between recruit & program but now it’s just for show to excite the fanbase. (Did his teamate Jonathan influence the offer by saying he’s a package deal?)
[youtube]L_zwalJM3Yk[/youtube]

[quote=“Daytonabeachhog”]

Looks like our coaches have hit reality. Until their is measured success on the basketball court were reliant on transfers and player’s of this caliber. (other offers Central Connecticut, Tulsa, Creighton & Louisiana Tech)

I’ve become desensitized by offers to the elite out of state recruits. At one point in time it use to reflect mutual interest between recruit & program[/b] but now it’s just for show to excite the fanbase. (Did his teamate Jonathan influence the offer by saying he’s a package deal?)
[youtube]L_zwalJM3Yk[/youtube]

[/quote]

I said this over a month ago!

Hmmmmm…

The staff offered Caleb Murphy before most others, too, and now that kid is going to end up top 100. Let it play out.

Coach Muss see’s the potential in a 6’7 SF who can confidently bring the ball up the court and is quite accurate from the 3pt line extended. A potential mitchmatch at the 4. This week at Under Armour Association’s Rise circuit with Coach Crutchfield their to watch Jonathan Aku… he put up some good Offensive numbers.

Heck of a school name:

Coppell, Texas, Ischool Entrepreneurial Academy

As for the level of what he is going to be able to recruit, I’ll take a wait and see approach.

I do think he is going to use that transfer portal each year

I do find the narrative that the old staff offered too few and the new staff too many to be an interesting one.

Ok this is exactly what I stated in a couple of posts leading up to his hiring. His track record says he’s going to bring in transfers, with jucos sprinkled in while signing (but not retaining) mostly 3 star players.

To me it’s not about the number of offers, it’s about the quality of those that have been offered

I hope he gets some 4*

He needs to get 5 stars. The previous coach got plenty of 4 stars and one 5 star.

He doesn’t need 5*, he needs players that can win in the SEC.

Previous coach won in SEC also.

When people complain about Anderson recruiting ( and I am one of them), it was about not getting McDonalds AAs from out of state like Nolan used to and not keeping instate 5 stars that blue bloods were after. To consider that Muss is recruiting better, that is what needs to happen.

Of course, if Muss wins big, it doesn’t matter what stars he is getting.

If you are just looking at recruiting, and complaining about stars, you’ll probably always be disappointed. If he wins big, regardless of the # of stars the kids have, as you said it won’t matter. Mike didn’t win “big”, so the whiners blamed recruiting.

As for 2020, my reply about this kid is posted above, and I leave it as it’s said hmmmm. Now, when it comes to instate, my personal opinion is Williams and Robinson are the best options (Moody maybe the overall best player, but he may not have the best “support” group around him, for himself or the Hogs (and no this isn’t a shot at his family, it is about the others around him)). When it comes to the out of state kids, I’m not expecting McD AA, but 4* won’t be that bad.

It would have helped if Mike would have recruited more 4 and 5 star talent, but that wasn’t his biggest problem. It was his inability to recruit a complete team. It seemed like every team he had would have a glaring weakness. Whether it be a legit PG that could shoot the 3, taller wing players that were good 3 and D players, or the lack of big man depth at the 4 and 5.

I agree with that with one qualifier. Some of the teams may have had what you were looking for, but it appeared to have weaknesses because of youth at that position. Because of injuries, NBA departures, counterfeit scandal or some other issue, it never quite came together for him to have the right mix of talent, experience and good breaks. It did at UAB and Missouri, but not here.

I think it is sometimes destiny. If the last minute against UNC in that 2nd round had turned out differently, there was a good chance we would have made the Elite Eight and the history would have been different. But it was not meant to be for him at Arkansas. It has not worked out for many coaches who thought they were going home.

PJ nailed it here. MA’s teams were always 1-2 players shy of being complete, then some bad breaks, officiating, etc. But another quality player on the team may have got us the breaks & overcame some shady officiating. But the disappointment of that NCAAT 1st round blowout against Butler seamed to reverse momentum for him.

Muss is going to have to win pretty big by his 2nd or 3rd year here with whatever it takes, be it transfers, juco’s, 3* player development. If he can win 20 plus games a year by years 2 & 3 & his players start getting drafted (at least 1 or 2 a year). Recruiting will take care of itself.

That’s where Eddie was. Nolan took us to the next level, is Eddie good enough?

Dam good enough. It’s like we need another starting point. If Muss wins big quickly with Eddie like numbers, he’s gone back to the NBA.