Arkansas HS football news

Springdale Har-Ber coach Chris Wood announced this morning he is stepping down after 17 seasons there. Wood is one of the more accomplished coaches in the state, having won several state championships as a head coach or assistant at all three schools in Springdale, including Shiloh Christian.

Har-Ber has fallen off the past few years, but this should be a job that generates a lot of interest.

Wynne and el dorado have also opened up. Several decent positions for some coaches to move to. Will be interesting.

El Dorado is a pretty good job, from what I can tell.

I live in NWA now, but I lived in El Dorado for more than a decade.

That city supports its high school football. The Wildcats play at a large, old stadium located in the middle of town. The high school is across town.

People come out and support them, even if they don’t have a child in school. I worked in the school system there and went to several games over the time I was there. El Dorado football is always a big event.

El Dorado has resources. It’s not talked about much because it’s not LR or NWA but is a good place to live. Great golf at Mystic Club. Good hunting. Not far from Dallas or New Orleans.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.