Arkansas hoops signee Reggie Chaney 16 points, 4 rebounds...

and named the ESPNU Player of the game in Findlay Prep’s 66-54 win over La Lumiere Thursday afternoon at the GEICO National Tourmament.

Will play on ESPN2 on Friday at 4 p.m. in the semifinals.

How did Connor Vanover look? Did he show any post game?

In the part of the game I saw, he had one inside basket (a put-back, I believe), but where he looked really good was in making two consecutive 3 pointers as Findlay pulled away in the middle of the second half.

I suspect the game will be available on a play-back basis on the ESPN app, for those that missed it.

What about Cheney? Curious from those who watched what they thought. How did he get his points?

He showed a little bit of everything, except a 3 point shot. Nice looking mid-range stroke, really physical down low, really runs the court well, and is athletic around the rim. He had a really nice put back dunk that may be on sportscenter top 10 tonight.

And, showed himself as a well spoken young man in the post-game interview.

Sure did

[quote=“Blu”]

He showed a little bit of everything, except a 3 point shot. Nice looking mid-range stroke, really physical down low, really runs the court well, and is athletic around the rim. He had a really nice put back dunk that may be on sportscenter top 10 tonight.

[/quote]One area he needs to improve in is his Free Throws. I have no idea what his season stats are, but while I was watching he was something like 2 for 5 or 6, and his FT routine did not look very good. Of course, this is not unusual with top Basketball recruits, who tend to “out-athlete” the folks they play against and are more concerned with flashy dunks and the like. I’m confident he will improve on this area once on campus.

Missed first 3 and hit his last 4: 4-7 on free throws.