Arkansas has "uncommon"; Georgia now has . . . .

. . . “Rare Breed” . . . as their recruiting motto. Along with “Commit to the G”.

Just thought that was interesting. Some of our fans mock the “uncommon” slogan. But, I guess tag lines like this are becoming more “common” around college football.

I’ve mocked and will continue to mock the “uncommon” mantra as long as the results of these “uncommon” recruits remain rather, well, common.

I take that back. The defense the past two years have been quite uncommon. Truth in advertising I suppose.

I’ll never understand how mocking one’s own program (assuming that’s correct since it’s in your screen name) appeals to some.

The way I always heard “Uncommon” referenced was in regard to the character of the recruits, not necessarily their play on he field.

Guess I am out of touch, because I cannot fathom mocking my program or its’ mantra. If I did not agree with it, I think I would be more likely to keep it to myself. First out of loyalty, thinking there are better ways to address what improvements need made than message board berating and secondly out of humility–not assuming that it is my position to impose the acceptable measurement of acceptable performance. (Yes I know that each fan establishes their own standards, usually evidenced by support or lack thereof to the program or team.)

I am fully aware that this is a message board for discussion and that everyone has the right to their own opinion. But as I have likely said before, by playing the devil’s advocate too often, it is easy to be confused with the devil.

This^^

I guess the difference will be that they actually will recruit at a very high level. Pulling in top 10 classes. That is uncommon.

We are in the uncommon area of nailing big time recruits. We get a few but always miss out on a few we should probably be able to close on. (Luke Ford being the most recent, assuming he doesn’t come back… which rarely happens)

Bielema has beaten out the big guys more often than previous coaches with the exception of Broyles. Arkansas has rarely beaten teams like Bama, FSU, Fla., Miami, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan and others, but Bielema has done so more so than others.

I think that will continue as the program progresses.

I do recognize CBBs success recruiting. He has done more than previous coaches. I do think that we should be capable of a top 20 class, and I’m sure he will get it.

But it bothers me that even with his ability to out recruit the previous coaches. He sure can not match their performance on the field.

I’m a fan of CBB the person and like his values and how he teaches these young men to be men. I’m just not sold on his ability to win in the sec yet, hope he does this year. But I don’t consider the predicted 6-7 wins to be good.

I do recognize CBBs success recruiting. He has done more than previous coaches. I do think that we should be capable of a top 20 class, and I’m sure he will get it.

But it bothers me that even with his ability to out recruit the previous coaches. He sure can not match their performance on the field.

I’m a fan of CBB the person and like his values and how he teaches these young men to be men. I’m just not sold on his ability to win in the sec yet, hope he does this year. But I don’t consider the predicted 6-7 wins to be good.

That’s fair. Again, disagreement is fine.

Absolutely.

I personally love difference in opinion.

It would be a sad world if we all agreed on everything. No compromise or resolve would happen.

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, what would you suggest is the reason Arkansas is 7-17 v the SEC West under CBB?

We are clearly recruiting better. Poor game day coach? Lack of development?

Thanks.

As long as we finish in the top half of the SEC and our young men continue to graduate at the rate they currently are I will believe that is Uncommon. I understand we want to improve on our history. Most people do. But in reality we are preparing young men( and by association of title 9, young women) for life after college. I think our current football and basketball coach reflect this as well as any combo our great University has ever had. 7-5 in this league is equal to the 9-2 in the old SWC. 10-2 today is so good most people will never understand.

When is the last time that happened?

Quote it all or just stop.

Your agenda is showing again. Tiresomely so.

If facts are an agenda then we have a problem.

Nobody wants CBB to win more than I do.

If being skeptical he can do it based on past performance at Arkansas means I have an agenda, then I’m Guilty.

When is the last time that happened?

1. That’s one season removed if you’re counting. What about that grad rate? What about that pro rate? I’m happy with the progress and the culture. But as always opinions vary.

I don’t follow grad rates or pro rates. You’ll have to answer that one.

I don’t see a forum on SAT scores or results of biochem finals.