Arkansas 58 Tennessee 48 Final - Box Score

That was some vicious defense, folks. We shot 30.5% and outshot them.

2 Likes

Swine, I almost think the basket was just as big a defender today. It was spitting out and blocking so many point blank shots that it could be defensive player of the game!!!

1 Like

You have a point there. But then both teams got away with a lot of fouling under the basket. But they were calling ticky offensive fouls :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Layups were 6-17 for us and 6-14 for EOE.

I thought the officials were letting a lot go, but then really came into play for about a 90 second stretch with about 4:00 left…the last foul on Notae, the moving screen against Tenn, etc.

1 Like

First time this season the Vols were held under 50. Very impressive.

2 Likes

And the Vol Twitterverse is convinced they were screwed. Refs didn’t make them shoot 27 percent.

The call on JD near the end was atrocious. That was the norm, as UT was banging and slapping on our guys the whole game.

I thought it was one of those games the refs let them play. They were pretty consistent on both end how they called it. Going in the paint was like walking alone through a dark NY alley. Your gonna get mugged. With about 2:30 to go the fouls were very even but then Tennessee started to foul to extend the game and it created the difference you see in the box.

I can’t argue against the call as you did see JD’s arm extend out to clear him. So while it might be ticky-tac it was still an offensive foul. Oddly the last few games I’ve watched there has been a unusual amount of offensive fouls called, almost as if there was a memo recently released to focus on those and clean things up by the head office.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.