AR / LSU SECT game

Seems like a lot of folks are picking LSU to beat the Hogs tomorrow.
How confident are you that we can beat LSU for a third time tomorrow?

So who are all those people?

Well, most of the SECN folks seem too. The question is not really who the folks are, but what do you think?
How confident are you?
If I rephrase the question, and say some SECN analysts think LSU upsets the Hogs tomorrow, would that satisfy your curiosity?

borehog

I was not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

No problem! So what’s your confidence level?
Let’s say from 1 to 10?

I’m not as confident if Toney doesn’t play. He had 18 points. Who’s going to make up those points? They will defend JD exactly the same way, they held him scoreless for 30 of the 40 minutes, I do not think they can do that again however… I think Kimani can help us a lot on the boards but that’s about it he’s not a great offensive player and a liability at the free throw line and he fouls quite a bit. I know we didn’t have Toney for Tennessee game but Lykes had 15 I think, I don’t think he got a shot up against LSU because of their length. Our defense will have to make this a low scoring game and keep Eason in check better than we did the last time.Umude and J will will have to have big games again. Devo will have to play a lot better. I will never count this team out but it will be a lot tougher if Toney doesn’t play.

1 Like

I agree! They are gonna pressure JD and probably double team JD all game.

1 Like

Dane Bradshaw on the SEC broadcast said he thought LSU would win. Pat Bradley thought we would win in a very close game

1 Like

I think”Fish” leaned toward LSU

Now what Vanderbilt had some success doing is getting the ball to the big man around the foul line and then letting him pass out to open three-point shooters we did a little of that with J Will last time and he’s a much better passer than anybody in Missouri has. I’m sure Muss has a plan.I know one thing for sure last week he said he was going to draw up more plays for Stanley this week.

2 Likes

Fish is not a big Arkansas supporter hardly ever so I’m not surprised

That’s a good thing. Stanley is gonna be a big key to us winning tomorrow. If he is on his 3pt game tomorrow, we have a much higher chance to win. If he can do that, it will take some pressure off JD and JW. It is definitely gonna hurt not having Tony on the floor. We were really clicking with that starting 5

2 Likes

Stanley will have to have a 20 point game tomorrow I think. We can’t have him having a bad game but he’s not in Bud Walton so he may go for 30! I do think JD will get more points than he got and I expect Devo to do a little better. Lykes played fantastic the other day if he can get us 10 or 12 that would be huge. Kimani needs to get a 6-8 on put backs

2 Likes

We will miss Toney. That worries me. That and the fact we’ve already beaten them twice. We really need to win tomorrow. After that, probably not so much.

1 Like

It’s really tough to beat a team 3 times in a season, especially one with as much talent as LSU. Couple that with not having Toney and my confidence level isn’t high.

Truthfully though, my focus is on next week and not the SECT. I just hope we stay healthy this weekend, whether we play 1 game or 3. And hope Toney is back to 100% next week.

1 Like

I have a conundrum. I have already said on this board that the SEC Tourney means nothing…that the NCAAs are all that really matters…especially with Toney hurt, and I still believe that. But…the 3 teams we are in line to play, and their coaches, are the ones I despise the most in the league. I would hate to lose to any of them (and I so want Devo to tea bag Zep Jasper). So, stay healthy, rest Toney, and Go Hogs!

3 Likes

Watched LSwho play mizz and the press really bothered LSwho late in the game. They were up 18 at one time and only won by 8 and should’ve been less. I think we can wear the down and gotta get to the ft line.

1 Like

All for the tea bagging on Zep. More than once if opportunities arise.

1 Like

LSU’s legs could be weary late in this one if it’s close. Just hope we don’t come out flat after the time off.
Never doubt this team.

Talk about beating a team 3 times in a row being difficult?
It’s been done before.
These Razorbacks are a difficult, TOUGH Team.
We beat them at their house and at our house, some teams are just hard-headed and need one more
as a final reminder!
We know their strengths and weaknesses as they know ours yet we still end up on top.
They’ll try really hard this game SO we also need to try really hard GHG!

1 Like