AP Poll

AP Preseason poll is out. Not a surprise that Arkansas isn’t in the Top 25, but it is a surprise that they didn’t get a single vote. Gotta prove it on the field. Also surprised that SEC is the only big conference with only one team in the Top 10, albeit at # 1. Big 10 has 3, ACC with 2, Big 12 with 2, Pac-12 with 2. TCU squeezed out at # 26.

Had we not choked away two of biggest leads of the year to close, , we would probably be Top 20…

Preseason polls mean nothing. We have to prove it on the field.

I surely hope we prove a lot this year.

Hope springs eternally…

[quote=“bikehog23”]
AP Preseason poll is out. Not a surprise that Arkansas isn’t in the Top 25, but it is a surprise that they didn’t get a single vote. Gotta prove it on the field. Also surprised that SEC is the only big conference with only one team in the Top 10, albeit at # 1. Big 10 has 3, ACC with 2, Big 12 with 2, Pac-12 with 2. TCU squeezed out at # 26.
[/quote]It’s no surprise if you’ve watched or read any of the media (outside of Arkansas) pre-season coverage of the SEC, or college football in general. If I were a fugitive trying to hide from the Feds, I think the best solution right now would be to join the U of A football team.

OK - so that’s a sorry joke. But the point is that we are rarely - if ever - mentioned in any of these shows. I can’t recall a season in the last decade where we’ve been mentioned less. The SEC network programs HAVE to say SOMETHING us at least once in a while, and that’s about what they do. We have no one on any of their superlative lists (or any importance; they listed 5 QB’s for various “skills” the other day and Jordan Rodgers did label Austin the “best pure passer” - but that’s far from being All-SEC), and no one is mentioning us as even a “dark horse”. We are universally seen as a 6-6 (give or take a win/loss) middle-of-the-pack team with no chance to compete for the SEC West title.

That translates into no Top 25; perhaps Top 50.

As always, the season itself will tell the tale.

For some reason, I think the Hogs are going to be the surprise team in the SEC. We have some good players and coaches. If they can get some chemistry going, they will win.

Buckhog, I think you are 100% right!