Anyway Nick plays in Maui

Not overlooking Louisville but watching Creighton makes me think it will be tough without him. Creighton looks like the real deal.

1 Like

Got my fingers crossed…

Just spotted this on twitter but might mean nothing. Nick Smith in uniform.

3 Likes

Yes he is uniform so to me that tells me he’s going to try to play.

2 Likes

Creighton looks pretty salty, Jeff.

2 Likes

Creighton is a Great basketball team they absolutely have no weakness whatsoever. They are final four good.
We get by Louisville we will have to play way better than we have so far to even have a chance against those guys… they are not a good matchup for us.
They just got a tremendous warm up against high pressure defense that is as good or better than ours.

I have no idea where they got all those players

2 Likes

The portal mostly. We recruited #55 very hard, Billy.

2 Likes

Yeah I can definitely see why he’s very solid.

2 Likes

FWIW, and in November that’s not much, Sagarin has us as an 11 point favorite over Louisville and 1 point over Creighton.

1 Like

Seems like Kevin Obanor has been around for a decade.

2 Likes

Yes they do…1-5 all are pretty good. How did all these guys end up in Omaha?

1 Like

Man…I think he got two Covid years.

1 Like

The way they defend the paint and our lack of outside shooting combined with our turnover problems I’m amazed at that projection. Well we win today we’ll find out how accurate they are.

2 Likes

Smith will not play today.

3 Likes

Had my hopes up when the pic came out of him warming up.

I hope this is not turning out to be worse then we all thought.

Well, crap. Hopefully, we won’t need him today, but I would have loved to see him play maybe 10 minutes as prep for Creighton (if we beat Louisville). He probably couldn’t help against Creighton with no full go practice and no game time. We’ve just got to go win this tournament without Nick.

2 Likes

I didn’t expect him to play. I’m sure he wants to do everything he can to be healthy and play in March madness. I can’t imagine he feels the same way about Maui. If there ever was a road trip where you are just happy to be there, this is it.

Maybe he plays tomorrow, Larry? If we can win this deal without Nick, look out in March.

1 Like

Nick seems like the type of dude that could care less about vacations. I would imagine its killing him having to sit and watch.

2 Likes

Saw on another board a person who supposedly knows him personally said it would probably be a few games before conference play… just playing it on the safe side… said it’s killing him not to play but he knows conference play is what really counts. Why I was surprised he was dressed out today. But you never know with people saying they know folks if they’re being truthful

2 Likes

Radio just said No Nick Smith. Just saw Matt’s post. . Need to read up before posting :slight_smile:

1 Like