Anyone who was at the game

Didn’t get to watch and I know it was a sellout but how was the crowd?

I wasn’t there either, but the crowd seemed to be quite rowdy on TV. Especially when we scored 30 points in the first 10 minutes, and with Gafford’s numerous dunks and rejections.

There were quite a few empty seats, but the place was loud, I would guess somewhere north of 15k actual attendance. Best December crowd I can remember in years.

Box score listed attendance of 17,583, without being followed by an actual attendance number. They typically do the actual attendance number when there’s a big difference between tickets sold and butts in seats, so evidently the BIS number was close enough that they didn’t feel the need. Regardless, 17,583 is what will be reported to the NCAA for the attendance stats.

I was there and I wouldn’t say there were a lot of empty seats. It’s the fullest it’s been this year and the upper deck was pretty full. I told my wife there was 17k and it was announced 17.5k so that’s about right. Crowd was there early. Got settled as we stretched the lead but then got into it in second half when MN was trying to close the gap. Crowd is definitely hungry. We called the hogs quite a few times and the crowd was on the refs.

I was there also.Sure glad to see all of the HOG CALLS.

One of the best crowds in awhile in terms of butts in the seats and energy.

It was electric from start to finish. I think it was the combination of the new AD/FB coach and the fact it was a ranked team that beat us bad last year.

Watching/listening on TV, you could tell (about the good crowd). Any time we were making a run, it was clear that the crowd was getting into it. Reminded me a little bit of the “old days”. Good sign!

[quote=“NavyHog”]
It was electric from start to finish. I think it was the combination of the new AD/FB coach and the fact it was a ranked team that beat us bad last year.[/quote:14h8iewj]

I doubt if anyone showed up because new FB coach and AD was going to be introduced on the court. That would be quite a financial commitment to see them for a few minutes. Was their appearance even announced before the game?

[quote=“PJHawg”]

[quote=“NavyHog”]
It was electric from start to finish. I think it was the combination of the new AD/FB coach and the fact it was a ranked team that beat us bad last year.[/quote:3o3i1kej]

I doubt if anyone showed up because new FB coach and AD was going to be introduced on the court. That would be quite a financial commitment to see them for a few minutes. Was their appearance even announced before the game?[/quote:3o3i1kej]

I think most savvy sports fans assumed the new HC would be there to be introduced. It was mostly excitement to see the BB Hogs play a ranked team, but when they introduced Coach Morris at halftime it got loud for a sustained amount of time.