Anyone read the Phil Steele football Rag yet?

Is it worth buying or is the usual double talk with a 5/6 game win loss over under deal because of the transition to a new coach?

Also swing games to a successful season

I’m agreeing with many others Col St, Ole Miss and Vandy (maybe Mizzou) will determine this season

Thoughts?

If it doesn’t go right, the next game will determine the season. That’s the only way I can look at it, week to week. Until I see who is taking snaps, and how well they are doing once they take them, I’m reluctant to say one way or another whether the prognosticators are right/wrong. But, I do have a great deal of confidence that the coaching staff will get this team ready to play. That is a big plus in me being very optimistic for the total season. As I have said about many things over the years, “It looks good on paper”.

IMHO if he can win at SMU he should do gang busters Ar Arkansas

This year may be painful

I hate saying this because it’s like a broken record

We have to be patient - 3 years we will know the tail of the tape

I think Phil is the best in the biz. Don’t always agree but he’s the most consistent.

We have the players. Do we have the coaches? That’s the big question. Did we make a good hire. If we are 3 and 0 after our first 3 games, we will have our answer.

Find this team a QB who can get the job done, and we should be on our way, if, and a big if, we have the coaches.

I don’t know that you will learn a lot about Arkansas that you don’t already know from his magazine. What I find useful in it is how much you learn about everyone else.

[quote=“BobSwagger”]

We have the players. Do we have the coaches? That’s the big question. Did we make a good hire. If we are 3 and 0 after our first 3 games, we will have our answer.

Find this team a QB who can get the job done, and we should be on our way, if, and a big if, we have the coaches.

[/quote] we have the HC and coaching staff to get it done

There you go…must have for me every college football season…mine came in 3 weeks ago.

First year I haven’t bought one ore season rag - I’ve been expecting nothing but bad news

But hey - I’m hearing there is some hope

Arkansas fans - and I’m one of them - needs some positive things to happen -
This stretch of losing really doesn’t build much confidence - I’m reslly missing 1964 - but I say that every year

Hoping Coach Morris is the new JFB - only better

Same as Harry Kong’s prediction every year

Why bother writing it

Harry is marginally readable, but Wally Hall has become an embarrassment. His garbage-laden tome this morning was less about Jeff Long and more about griping to satisfy some big-money booster with whom he wants to be friendly. I keep telling myself Wally isn’t worth reading, then I read one and confirm it is true.

I absolutely love the columns Clay writes. Richard D and Dudley are fantastic at what they do and “must reads” in my book. Matt and Scotty provide nice columns, and I appreciate the attention they give to “minor” sports (ie, not basketball or football). Bob Holt, too, writes useful columns. Am I leaving anyone out? They make Wally stand out like a sore thumb.

So Wally is still writing.

Does he ever leave Little Rock to see the team and write from observations. Or is he still doing what he used to do - at least I was told - he would make phone callls and then write