Anyone care to explain what happened at Baum?

So some players got tossed… what did they do? What happened?

Apparently, kids being kids and jerking the chains of a few folks. Read the comment following the link.

I did read the comments and I don’t see what they did. No one says. Or else I’m too dense to understand it. Otherwise I’d not have posted here asking for an explanation.

Plus I cannot be sure with the algorithms used on Twitter if I am seeing everything or not. I’ve had some funny business going on with what I can and can’t see due to quite a bit of political posting back and forth there. Not everyone see the same things via a twitter feed. I’ve suspected for some time my feed has a bit of a shadow ban on it.

Here ya go…

Mason Choate

@ChoateMason

·

12h

Post-National Anthem stand-off here at Baum-Walker. Isaac Webb and Cal Kilgore were tossed before the first pitch for it. Jaxon Wiggins and Brady Tygart dropped out before getting thrown out.

Mason Choate

@ChoateMason

For those who are confused…they are just messing around and having fun for the last scrimmage of the fall.

This sort of thing happened years ago at a mlb game. It also happened this year in September between former team mates.

Yeah, it’s just a game. After the national anthem, all players are supposed to clear the field with the exception of the 9 on defense, first batter, and on-deck batter. Sometimes a member of each team that isn’t one of those 11 will stay out in a game of “chicken”. Umpires can actually toss you if you delay the start. The player that bows out first loses.

1 Like

childish.

Thank you @RyanRitchie for explaining that to this old fart. I had no idea they did things like that. I’ve followed football and basketball since I was pulled from the womb, but only started watching baseball in the last 10 yrs. So some of those “unwritten” things that go own, I don’t know about and have to ask.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.