Any word on status of

Friday game. Weather just doesn’t look good for baseball Friday afternoon or night.

Weather.com has the rain slacking off Friday night after 6 p.m. It will be chilly but they might just get to play. NWS isn’t quite as optimistic (50% chance until midnight). Of course neither one may be right.

As of now, the game is scheduled for Friday night.

This is the weather service forecast:

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Low around 26. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

I read that to say there is a 90 percent chance of showers between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., but the chance of thunderstorm will be earlier in the evening.

Could be a long night at the ballpark. Not only weather delays, but with the north wind gusting up to 25 mph, could be some jet stream homers and a high-scoring game.

Yeah, not looking good.
Accuweather show rain in the hrs of 2-3-4-6 and 8pm. Snow in the 2am hr, Sat morning.
They have slacked off on the rain percentage Friday night from 75% to 55%. Still has 76% for the day light hrs
Even if they do get to play, temps are forecasted to be around 50 to the low 40’s
I could be wrong. But so are they about 50% of the time!

There is some ambiguity about the weather tomorrow night. It is definitely going to rain, but the question centers around when it’s going to end.

Officials are waiting until tomorrow to make a call on whether or not to play, but I’m told any decision to cancel will be made well before game time. Arkansas made the wrong call on Kent State and Kentucky games last month, and doesn’t want to lose another day of gate receipts if it can avoid it.

According to the latest update from AccuWeather,
they are now only showing rain for the 4:00 hr only. Not showing the next probable rain shower til 10:00.
It’s the weather, so you never know. Looks a little more promising than it did yesterday. Hope we can get it in.

My wife told me they expect the rain to move a bit more south now.

What’s the weather actually like in Fayetteville, right now?

57 cloudy/windy

It is overcast and beginning to rain a little at my house.

How long will they wait to make decision to play or not?

I think at this point they are going to try to play. It still looks like it could downpour here, but the rain has been minimal so far.

I hope so. I had rather get the game played tonight than play a double header tomorrow.

Dark with heavy air. I went out for lunch about 12:30 and it sprinkled. But it looks like everything is staying to the south. Fingers crossed. I’m guessing they WILL start the game on time (6:30) and get it in. I’ve got a friend in a high front office position with a MLB team. He’s coming in to watch Casey Mize and Blaine Knight tonight. He just made his connection in Atlanta. He was debating one hour ago whether to take the flight to XNA. He took it. He’s excited to see both pitchers, possible first rounders. I will not say his name or team. Those kind of guys don’t like to be tracked when it comes to prospects. He’s been my guest on the White River and is a great guy.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]

Dark with heavy air. I went out for lunch about 12:30 and it sprinkled. But it looks like everything is staying to the south. Fingers crossed. I’m guessing they WILL start the game on time (6:30) and get it in. I’ve got a friend in a high front office position with a MLB team. He’s coming in to watch Casey Mize and Blaine Knight tonight. He just made his connection in Atlanta. He was debating one hour ago whether to take the flight to XNA. He took it. He’s excited to see both pitchers, possible first rounders. I will not say his name or team. Those kind of guys don’t like to be tracked when it comes to prospects. He’s been my guest on the White River and is a great guy.

[/quote]Well, he got to see a gem of a game, by both Mize and Knight!