Any new info on DC

Are we waiting on someone that is currently coaching?

Just a guess, probably.

With the early signing period so close it has taken priority but I suspect interviews to take place this week.

Our next Defensive Coordinator is most likely currently employed by a college or broadcast booth.

I think Arkansas probably is waiting to talk to someone who is coaching in a bowl game.

[quote=“MattJones”]
I think Arkansas probably is waiting to talk to someone who is coaching in a bowl game.[/quote:y9mey976]

Could he be coaching for someone Coach Morris respects and both Coach Morris and the future DC do not want to do anything to upset the preparations for their bowl game? Many newly hired coaches have continued to coach at their former school after they were announced as hired for somewhere else. If that is the case, CCM is going the extra mile in this hire.

One would hope that the next defensive coordinator here is someone whose defense was good enough to be in a bowl game.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
One would hope that the next defensive coordinator here is someone whose defense was good enough to be in a bowl game.[/quote:1idtwxsm][img:1idtwxsm]http://www.elwinggsp.com/emoticons/ding.gif[/img:1idtwxsm]

[youtube:224sa8vz]a8k1eTEw4rQ[/youtube:224sa8vz]

Rumors are starting to surface about Chavis coming on board but nothing definitive yet.

there is tweet out there from someone in the arkansas media saying theres about to be a new chief in town as far as defensive coordinator. trey something or other i think

I have no worries about Chavis because he has good experience that could be VERY helpful. He doesn’t like recruiting but this staff appears to be quite good enough to pick up the slack.

[quote=“Razorwill”]
there is tweet out there from someone in the arkansas media saying theres about to be a new chief in town as far as defensive coordinator. trey something or other i think[/quote:2hbbbngj]
A

Trey Schaap

[quote=“Razorwill”]
there is tweet out there from someone in the arkansas media saying theres about to be a new chief in town as far as defensive coordinator. trey something or other i think[/quote:12tqaqa9]

He’s certainly due to be right about something.

Chavis is 61 yrs. old, doesn’t seem to fit this young staff, but whatta do I know.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

[quote=“Razorwill”]
there is tweet out there from someone in the arkansas media saying theres about to be a new chief in town as far as defensive coordinator. trey something or other i think[/quote:2nahgnd6]

He’s certainly due to be right about something.[/quote:2nahgnd6]

He said, “New “CHIEF” in town”.

People are assuming it’s Chavis, because it’s his nickname. When I saw it p, I thought of the Kansas City Chiefs. Who knows, but you’re right, he is due to be right at least once.

[quote=“goldsurfer”]
Chavis is 61 yrs. old, doesn’t seem to fit this young staff, but whatta do I know.[/quote:240f2h33] yeah, after the Venables rumor, Chavis would be a come down

[quote=“goldsurfer”]
Chavis is 61 yrs. old, doesn’t seem to fit this young staff, but whatta do I know.[/quote:13jgytq2] yeah, after the Venables rumor, Chavis would be a come down

If I’m wrong, I’ll be first to admit.

But why would you leave the Clemson DC post to take the Arkansas one?

Makes no sense to me unless you just want the ultimate challenge.

I don’t know if Chavis is a true candidate or what, but he would be a let down? Can’t believe that has ever been said about him by anyone until today

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

I don’t know if Chavis is a true candidate or what, but he would be a let down? Can’t believe that has ever been said about him by anyone until today[/quote:3aexo69w]

His defenses at A&M have really struggled with stopping the run.

He’s been at three places that have had more talent than Arkansas. Personally, I’d like to see someone with a proven track record of coaching up defenses that have performed above their recruiting rankings. Alex Grinch at Washington State

[quote=“fatback”]
yeah, after the Venables rumor, Chavis would be a come down[/quote:jfs7fdrf]

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

I don’t know if Chavis is a true candidate or what, but he would be a let down? Can’t believe that has ever been said about him by anyone until today[/quote:jfs7fdrf]

I kinda thought he was being sarcastic. With all the talk about fit and timing, Chad and Lunney are the old men on this staff. Really young staff. Just strikes me as odd he would bring in an “old school” guy 12 yrs his senior. Just what I think, yes Chavis has an excellent track record.