Announcer said Lamar Jackson isn't

as effective with inexperienced receivers. Sound familiar?

Must be Petino’s fault. Run him out of town!! Wait…leave him there…he might run back to Fayetteville.

We know how it feels to have complete turn at WR. It takes some time. We do have a few that seem to do a good job. It’s up to the coaches to keep those players on the field.
But I sure don’t want Petrino back on the hill.

Give me a break, there is NO COMPARISON here. They racked up 433 yard and 21 points against one of the very best defenses in the country.

We put up 7 points and 267 yard vs a defense that just allowed 36 points and 463 yard to the freaking ponies of Southern Methodist University.

Some folks want to blame our inexperienced receivers, others the O line, others the kicking game, the game plan, and personnel in the back field, but it was not a bunch of different little things that cost the hogs. It was one thing and It’s really simple. The hogs got physically pounded in every phase of the game. The receivers couldn’t get off the line on pass plays and couldn’t hold a block on run plays. The special teams didn’t make a single physical play. The defense had a bend but don’t break day without the game changing physical plays in the backfield or collisions to make their receivers scared at all to come across the middle. And the O line was posterized as the example of weak and soft and not at all ready for SEC football.

I wish it were the receivers instead of a total failure to execute the one and only aspect of the game that our coach claims to hang his hat on. It is just like TCU said this a one dimensional bully and we know exactly what he wants to do and will give up as soon as he sees someone can match his strength and aggression. Seems like the same thing we have seen for five years. I really am not convinced this is somehow a new set of problems this year or that anyone truly believes that it’s anything but the painfully obvious.

[quote=“Dogen”]
Give me a break, there is NO COMPARISON here. They racked up 433 yard and 21 points against one of the very best defenses in the country.

We put up 7 points and 267 yard vs a defense that just allowed 36 points and 463 yard to the freaking ponies of Southern Methodist University.

Some folks want to blame our inexperienced receivers, others the O line, others the kicking game, the game plan, and personnel in the back field, but it was not a bunch of different little things that cost the hogs. It was one thing and It’s really simple. The hogs got physically pounded in every phase of the game. The receivers couldn’t get off the line on pass plays and couldn’t hold a block on run plays. The special teams didn’t make a single physical play. The defense had a bend but don’t break day without the game changing physical plays in the backfield or collisions to make their receivers scared at all to come across the middle. And the O line was posterized as the example of weak and soft and not at all ready for SEC football.

I wish it were the receivers instead of a total failure to execute the one and only aspect of the game that our coach claims to hang his hat on. It is just like TCU said this a one dimensional bully and we know exactly what he wants to do and will give up as soon as he sees someone can match his strength and aggression. Seems like the same thing we have seen for five years. I really am not convinced this is somehow a new set of problems this year or that anyone truly believes that it’s anything but the painfully obvious.
[/quote]Over react much? All I read is what some see as a confirmation of the problem a QB has with inexperienced receivers. Not sure where you read all that you reacted to.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Inexperience is not the problem. Louisville version of inexperience looks like 21 points vs Clemson. Ours looks like 7 points vs TCU. Inexperience is the difference between a college playoff team or a regular New Years bowl. Or in our case it’s the difference between a belk bowl or a 5 win season. I’m not saying inexperience isn’t a problem, I’m saying it’s not THE problem for Arkansas football. And I’m saying comparing The hogs offensive struggles to louisvilles is ridiculous.

So why do YOU think we got “physically pounded”? You said it was one thing and then proceeded to spew tons of other reasons. Which is it?

Dojen, no one said inexperienced receivers was the THE problem, but it is A problem.

I’m as disappointed in UA’s last four games as anyone.

I may not agree with all of your post word for word. But I do believe TCU was more physical all in aspects of the game than the Hogs were. I don’t see a lot of nasty on our side of the ball. I want more nasty.

Oh good grief. They didn’t rack up crap. They were dominated throughout the game and tacked on some garbage yards and points on the 2s and 3 s (several walkons) the last 1-1.5 quarters.

Petrino has beaten 1 ranked team at Louisville this go around and has routinely been manhandled in most of the games and his defense continues to get worse.

But, by all means keep worshipping him.

And before someone hops in with a smart aleck post about us being the morality champs this isn’t about Bielema. It’s time for results from him but the pining for Petrino and making him something he isn’t is dumb.

I’ve said before and said again, you can’t judge this team from the one game against TCU.

The first game was like a glorified high school team. Our new receiving core had it’s first challenge against TCU. Let’s see how they do against A&M. I suspect it will be much different. Of course I know the ones of you who will say, if our offense looks good, “well, it was against A&M and they stink on defense”. But when our offense sputters against someone, it’s not that the other team had a good defense, it’s that we stink on offense.