Andrew Landry wins first PGA Tour title

Here’s the full story from the AP on Andrew Landry’s big day. He earned $1,116,000 and a spot in the Masters next year.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … our-title/

Congrats to him…

I’d like to get 1+ million for four days of work

The thing about these guys, they better save it because it can end at any moment on the pro golf tour. A sprained wrist can end a season. A back injury can end a career. It’s happened many times. So you tuck it away for a rainy day.

Brad McMakin predicted this when Andrew followed him to Arkansas from Lamar. The back story is that he grew up working at a tin cup type golf course, learning to chip and putt on rock solid conditions, with hardly a watering system. He beat all of the junior tour stars in high school tournament, but didn’t play the junior tours. No one in Texas except McMakin wanted him. His short game is absolutely terrific, always has been. He can chip and putt in any conditions.

It’s great to have a Hog win on the PGA and Landry has paid his dues. With the win comes a leap in sponsorships and endorsement opportunities that Andrew can exploit. It won’t be his last win on the tour, he seemed confident down the back nine and handled all the flying bullets well.

Glad he got over the hump. Thought he should’ve won in the fall. I bet a golf board would be less contentious

I don’t know Andrew Landry at all, but have watched him play in the 2016 U.S. Open and last weekend when he won the Texas Open. This little dude is mentally strong. He is not a big hitter, but he won by playing with Trey Mullinax and Zach Johnson all day as he beat both of those guys to win. He didn’t fold in the 2016 U.S. Open under the spotlight. This guy is confident…you can see it in his demeanor. He is not afraid. He reminds me some of Zach Johnson, his playing parter of last Sunday. Zach Johnson is known for his mental toughness and competitiveness. He has had a great career winning two majors. Andrew looks to have a little of the bulldog in him, too. Maybe, even a little Chihuahua, too.

I believe he was leading going into Sunday in one of the fall events at the beginning of the wrap around season but faded. Glad he’s learned how to finish. I too am I impressed by his demeanor & his short game. Proud of Austin Cook too. Fun to see the Hog logo on the leaderboard.