Anderson's best squad at Arkansas?

It looks as if it may be. This is the first game I have seen, but was impressed by the depth and talent. This is an NCAA team, it appears. Thomas is a nice power player to go with Moses. Macon, Barford and Dusty look good. Several other guys impressed me, too. We are a little short with the inside talent, but we look deep and talented enough to work our way into the best 3-4 SEC teams this year.

Could very well be his most talented team from top to bottom, will it be his best team is yet to be determined. We very well could be saying the exact same thing this time next year with the incoming talent, which is a very good situation to be in for the Razorbacks! WPS

Solid win last night.

I continue to think it is an NCAA team that will enter SEC play at 11-1 or 10-2

So far so good. The question yet to be answered is a familiar one. Can we win on the road?

I think it probably is his best.

The old rule of thumb seems to apply – you win in college basketball with guards, not big men. Our guard-play and depth is at a winning level.

Plus we are winning right now without the benefit of guys going off. When this team gets its sea legs, we will have nights when we explode on folks.

The fans are hungry for that. You want butts in the seats? Watch what happens after this team shows out against a good opponent.

To me Macon has already completley adjusted to D-1 Basketball.

Hood & Barford show flashes.

Kingsley is spending to much time on the Defensive Perimeter (imo) and the opponents are aware of the pre-season accolades and quickly double team & clog the paint.

Hannah’s will find his outside shot but being forced to be creative will pay dividenfs.

If Thomas becomes consistent with that 10-12’ jumper it will open up the door for Kingsley & the lane for the guards especially Barford & Beard.

Nailed it. The team from two years ago that went to NCAAT, won seven games on the road. What will this team do?

Arkansas currently 7-1

Last year’s team started 4-4

The NCAA team in 20-14 2015 started 6-2 with a road win at SMU

I want to believe but can’t get the Minnesota thrashing out of my head.

Mikes only ncaa team here seemed to do well on the road and hopeful this team can.

Thought flashes of good ball against Houston and encouraged.

Mikes tourney team had a toughness would like to see more this year.

I think we’ll start to find out in the Texas game. Allegedly neutral court, but it’s not going to be a favorable crowd for us, so might as well count it as a roadie.

I’ve watched 4 college basketball games this year. The two Razorback games that were televised, one Women’s Razorback game, and the Texas/Bama game. I’ll be honest, before seeing our game against Houston, I thought Texas and Bama were much better than us (no matter what their record says). After seeing the Houston game, I think we have a legitimate chance. Texas has a good big man, and some quick guards, I think they match up well with us, and Havoc is a copy of 40MOH. Should be a fun and exciting game.

[quote=“Jhawg”]
It looks as if it may be. This is the first game I have seen, but was impressed by the depth and talent. This is an NCAA team, it appears. Thomas is a nice power player to go with Moses. Macon, Barford and Dusty look good. Several other guys impressed me, too. We are a little short with the inside talent, but we look deep and talented enough to work our way into the best 3-4 SEC teams this year.
[/quote]Just wondering, if Razorback fans would choose more talent and a more talented team over having native Arkansas players on the roster at some significant level. At one time, it was almost a cheer for your state type competition, but it is not that anymore if you look at some of the top teams rosters. Example: Duke has one player from NC. Does that matter or not ?

[quote=“dm919”]

Duke is a special case. The Duke student body is very heavily non-NC kids. New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts. Only 16% of Duke students come from North Carolina. There are almost as many Californians enrolled there as North Carolinians. And K recruits nationally just like the Duke admissions office does.
As for our team, I don’t care where they’re from. Seriously. Yes, we won the NC with an Arkansan as our best player, but the MayDay teams were built around non-Arkansans, mainly from Memphis and Tulsa. Our football teams have tended to be a little better when we’ve had more talented players from in-state, but the key is they have to have the necessary talent; we’re not gonna win with small, slow kids just because they’re from Springdale or Conway.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

[quote=“dm919”]

Duke is a special case. The Duke student body is very heavily non-NC kids. New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts. Only 16% of Duke students come from North Carolina. There are almost as many Californians enrolled there as North Carolinians. And K recruits nationally just like the Duke admissions office does.
As for our team, I don’t care where they’re from. Seriously. Yes, we won the NC with an Arkansan as our best player, but the MayDay teams were built around non-Arkansans, mainly from Memphis and Tulsa. Our football teams have tended to be a little better when we’ve had more talented players from in-state, but the key is they have to have the necessary talent; we’re not gonna win with small, slow kids just because they’re from Springdale or Conway.
[/quote]And that was kind of what I was getting at and that is your opinion which is what I was looking for. And just sticking to basketball, Kansas is the same way and you mentioned K which is Ky I am assuming — which is just short of a semi-pro team that I wonder what all those people in their crowds actually think they are cheering for. Most surely does not mean basketball in KY is better than the rest of the country which is what their faces say and if you polled them, I bet that is what they think. That dynamic is just very interesting to me.
Recruiting or circumventing the system better than everyone else. that’s what we cheer for ? I don’t think everybody actually might be aware of that fact and I know that it surprised me a little, which it should not have, but it did. So if we had no players from AR, but a NC team you would be good with it ? I am still trying to make up my mind how I would feel or why we would take pride in that. Memphis is a split city — so I don’t know that counts. Our other best teams were led by Moncrief.

Given the young talent in the state right now, we may soon be able to have the best of both worlds.

Might be the most talented, but not quite the grittiest yet. Still feeling each other out trying to mesh.
This team needs an early road win to regain some confidence playing on the road after that spanking they took at Minnesota.

This

[quote=“dm919”]

Nope, K is Krzyzewski, still talking about Duke. But yes, Kentucky also recruits nationally. So does Bill Self.
Absolutely, I’d be just fine with it if Hogs won a NC with zero Arkansas kids on the roster. In football or basketball. Or track for that matter. McDonnell generally had very few Arkansas kids on his best teams, sometimes none to speak of. Sometimes very few American kids to boot. Does anyone care now? I want kids who want to be Razorbacks and who have the talent to get the job done, no matter where they get their mail. They can come from El Dorado, or Dallas, or or Fort Lauderdale, or Cape Town, South Africa.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

[quote=“dm919”]

Nope, K is Krzyzewski, still talking about Duke. But yes, Kentucky also recruits nationally. So does Bill Self.
Absolutely, I’d be just fine with it if Hogs won a NC with zero Arkansas kids on the roster. In football or basketball. Or track for that matter. McDonnell generally had very few Arkansas kids on his best teams, sometimes none to speak of. Sometimes very few American kids to boot. Does anyone care now? I want kids who want to be Razorbacks and who have the talent to get the job done, no matter where they get their mail. They can come from El Dorado, or Dallas, or or Fort Lauderdale, or Cape Town, South Africa.
[/quote]Well, that is exactly what my wife said when I asked her. I would just hate to think we can’t, as a state, produce kids that can play at the U of A, even though we aren’t really playing against other state’s best players anymore, if we ever were. I think the whole one and done thing so prevalent at KY – I just don’t like what it has done to college basketball. Like you said, no matter where they come from, if they are here multiple years they are Razorbacks and Joe Kleine or Pat Bradley are great examples when I think about it. They seem more like Razorbacks than some of the AR born players that breezed through here who will remain nameless. Luckily, we don’t have to worry about that in the next few years with some of the in state recruits — other than them leaving early. Can you tell I really do not like Kentucky or the smug look on their fan’s faces ? :smiley: