An Absolute Trueism

I think that not many can argue with what I am about say. I was watching and listening in 1962 and 1963 as we matured and won the NC in what is termed the 1964 NC. Alabama still claims that title for those absolute diehard Bama fans by the way.

At any rate, it began a life long struggle for me. There are times when my belief in the Razorbacks saved me from death, and I mean that literally and figuratively. I am not joking. Sometimes there is nothing like a real life purpose.

Over the years, I have grown sick of the bickering; sick of the Sunday morning experts, and sick of those that criticize that which they know nothing. Posting on a board is an honor and a privilege. Anyone can find you easily this day and time. Take pride in what you say and stand behind it.

I met my wife on Hog Calls 14 years ago. I was new to message boards then. I learned my lesson fast about most boards. Hate is cheap and easy. It doesn’t matter if it is true or not, a sick rumor satisfies the itch when you have one.

Just for the record I have no idea why, but I landed my wife who was at one time married to Hogman the original owner of Hogman’s Hog Pen too damn many losses ago. I do not deserve her, but she loves me till yet, and I believe she always will. My blind belief in the Razorbacks gave me the best gift of all. Perhaps to those of you who only know how to bitch, there is a jewel for you too, if you learn how to shut up and listen.

Good luck. i think however it is a lot easier to put things like college football where it belongs and that is a sideline to life.
Far from most important.

I’m not sure I understand where you are coming from about being sick of bickering, criticism, etc. You act as if folks here are out of line for complaining about the state of the program.

Shall we review?

SEC W Finishes since the fateful bike ride

Next to Last
Last
Last
Third
Next to Last
Last
Last

I’m sorry if folks are too critical and bicker too much for your taste, but show me another football program with recent results like I’ve summarized above where things are all peaches and cream with the fanbase and I’ll show you my pet unicorn.

[quote=“ronpad6”]

I think that not many can argue with what I am about say. I was watching and listening in 1962 and 1963 as we matured and won the NC in what is termed the 1964 NC. Alabama still claims that title for those absolute diehard Bama fans by the way.

At any rate, it began a life long struggle for me. There are times when my belief in the Razorbacks saved me from death, and I mean that literally and figuratively. I am not joking. Sometimes there is nothing like a real life purpose.

Over the years, I have grown sick of the bickering; sick of the Sunday morning experts, and sick of those that criticize that which they know nothing. Posting on a board is an honor and a privilege. Anyone can find you easily this day and time. Take pride in what you say and stand behind it.

I met my wife on Hog Calls 14 years ago. I was new to message boards then. I learned my lesson fast about most boards. Hate is cheap and easy. It doesn’t matter if it is true or not, a sick rumor satisfies the itch when you have one.

Just for the record I have no idea why, but I landed my wife who was at one time married to Hogman the original owner of Hogman’s Hog Pen too damn many losses ago. I do not deserve her, but she loves me till yet, and I believe she always will. My blind belief in the Razorbacks gave me the best gift of all. Perhaps to those of you who only know how to bitch, there is a jewel for you too, if you learn how to shut up and listen.

[/quote]If Arkansas football is your real-life purpose, you really do take this stuff way too seriously. Way. Too. Seriously.

Well hmmm,

WPS!!!

Hilarious, cannot make this up…

Just curious. Were you referring to me? I thought my post was straight forward. I really don’t give a damn about records or performance. There is a sickness in our ranks. Within a post or two this thread degenerates into the same old rhetoric. Is this who we are? Who in Gods name debased my post into a synopsis or our record? JacksonRied, make your own thread. Do not debase mine. I know what you are saying. Not many will understand my intent, a few will. Take your bitching elsewhere. I have heard it all before, many times over.

I have no answers. You obviously don’t either, but I don’t need to bitch to strangers. This was a thread for me to give thanks to this program. Is there anything you are thankful for about being a Razorback or is all you know is how to bitch?

LOL

The next time you are posting a Razorback love letter on an open message board and you don’t want anyone else to comment about said letter you may want to clarify that on the front end. Do I have any answers - well I think they should have fired Bielema before he ran this thing in to the dirt but beyond that I don’t except to do my very little part by buying season tickets and making noise when the other team has the ball. That said, to not expect a grumpy fan base after going on a decade of futility is asking a wee bit much.

Sincerely,

The Debaser in Chief

Ron, I think I understand your post. Congrats on landing the your lifetime love. Razorback fans are as passionate as any in college football. Right now the football program is at an all time low and yes, criticism is warranted. The school has spent hundreds of millions of dollars alone on facilities…Millions of dollars on coaching and the coaches have not been able to develop an even mediocre football program. We are considered the worst in the SEC. Many believe that the new coach can turn the program around and make us relevant again. Until that happens, you will see criticism on this board and even when we become successful, there will still be criticism about something by some. It’s the nature of being a passionate fan base. So keep the faith.

There are things that I like, there are things that I do not like, and there are hopefully more of the former than the latter. I enjoy talking (or as it were writing) about the things that I like. Should I also talk about (discuss) the things that I don’t like or keep them bottled up (where for many who do, they invariably come boiling out in a very ugly manner after a time). I prefer to discuss both (again hopefully more the former than the latter), and I think that “head doctors” would recommend such to all of us. I will not, however, argue that such (more positive than negative) has been easy over the past few years regarding our football record.

Seems kinda awful to me that someone’s personal life gets trashed to make a point about the rather horrible state of UA football right now.

That’s me.

Someone will find fault with that and do something really sinister like talk about my career or misspell my name. LOL

Each of us have a love story called “UA fan.” A few extend that to the rest of their life, finding their life’s love as a part of their fandom. Good for them. I’m lucky - Mrs. Hawg quickly adopted everything about UA.

(Edited to remove inappropriate language–SF)

Is this all there is? I tried to make a brief statement as an old timer. I knew many would not understand, but this is ridiculous. Is this all you can muster or what I get? We were once a community. We still are a community but a community of bitchers. I take no pride in that. 99% of you have gone through less frustration than I have. I still find time to reflect and give thanks. Tis the season for that, but not the reason for my original post. I just wanted someone to know how much I love my wife. and through everything, we were always there together. We were there in a lot of rain storms. Snowed on us a time or two. I can’t tell you who won any of those games, but damn it was fun. I was never able to change Razorback destiny. You aren’t either.

Everything is so focused these days. Folks just hijack a thread to voice their anger. Start your own thread. It is not any harder than posting. I would like to think that a thread 4 posts down the line might actually pertain to the topic at hand.

Ron, I am mostly there with you most of the time.
Your poetic romantic side with a true dash of a serious
philosophical bent has a kindred spirit here.
Losing games(any game) is and always has been very difficult for me to take, to digest and brush it off.
Losing in itself is rotten and has a putrid permanence
to it. Memories don’t play nice even though the blow
is lessened with the passage of time. BUT, not being competitive and even worse, QUITTING, pushes some
bad buttons for me.
Fortunately, I am an indefatigable optimist. Which helps
in remaining a rabid Razorback fan. I always drink the
kool-aide.
We are locked in a lifelong love affair with our Razorbacks and all whose footsteps have trod the ‘Pride of the Hills’
will sing a new song of thanksgiving. Merry Christmas.

Didn’t realize you were JUST trying to post about your love for your wife. You certainly did that, but you also criticized some posters for …well…being critical about the state of the football program.

It’s very admirable that you posted about your love for your wife. However, when you provide commentary about other things in the same post (critical fans, bitching, moaning, etc.) don’t be surprised if others on a message board open for comment choose to do just that.

LONG time no see ronpad6! And guess what 14 years ago I ran into Brenda. About the time I started HI. About the same timing as yours.I don’t know how she does it. A room full of guys. My son and a couple of her sons. Hungry, ready for FB, and some pulled pork that’s about 8 lbs, so 2 hours a pound makes for a lot of preparation to be ready exactly at halftime. I mean not 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late. She was married 24 years and he beat on her and the kids. (That was enough for her) Some great times in those 14 years. FB and basketball and baseball. All good. Sure we’ve lost our share and more but the last 65 years starting on 1-1-2019. Still have trouble expressing my thoughts but many years ago when Clay said "I hate that when a person has something to say but doesn’t. Like the time some cat ON HERE corrected me for saying it’s WHOLE and not hole… Never will forget that pointer. LOL Others also. To heck with them and I just can’t wait till the next FB game and some pulled pork. Great to hear from you. You’re a good man ron, hang in there!! Forget the noise and WPS!

sometimes what looks like hate is not hate, people deal with their feeling differently. The reality is “our” football team ain’t what it use to be. Through the years we have had bad years sprinkled in with the good. Most recently, we have good sprinkled in with the bad. Sometimes you need to know where you are so you can get to where you want to be. I have followed the hogs faithfully for 50 years. I have seen all types of hogs fans. I have seen some try to give up on them, but in the end, they always come back, once a hog fan always a hog fan.

I concur with Razormac.
Although I never tried to give u on the Hogs. I surely get frustrated though.

Ronpad6 Good to hear from you - good post

I am sitting back and watching more than writing now

I think my time as a Young Razorback fan ruined me - my first season I really remember is 1863 and than I followed Our Razorbacks as they rolled all the way into that Sugar Bowl loss to LSU in 1966 - which shocked me - because couldn’t lose

Now it feels like they simply cannot win!

I’m hoping like you found love - Arkansas will give us some reason to Love them again - and everyone LOVES a winner

You got a winner in a wife - May the Razorbacks return to being Winners on the field

Good post - good to read your note

Hey Bluegrass. I go back to 1954, but that’s not even close to your 1863! Anyway, nice to hear from you and ron…

Yea me too Bluegrass,
I was torn between the Civil War & Razorbacks Hog Calls in 1863! Sir.