Almost hesitate to share this, but...

Wake Forest claims Louisville somehow stole its game plan prior to last week’s game.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo … formation/”>http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/wake-forest-looking-whether-louisville-stole-game-plan-information/</LINK_TEXT>

Saw that. If true, I would hate to be the guy that left that behind.

Surprised at two things: 1. the coach would use the word “stole” and 2. the coach would even release the information to the media.

Hell, football is like war, real WAR, leave your invasion (game) plan lying around and if I find it I will use it to kick your tail.

Have to wonder how many coaches would call up the WF coach and say, “Oh by the way, one of my assistants was in Winston-Salem and found your game plan for our game this Saturday and we are wondering where we should return it.”

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

Saw that. If true, I would hate to be the guy that left that behind.
[/quote]Ha, and now Arkansas is his biggest claim to fame according to that article since he might have crossed an imaginary competitive line. Not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. Anybody else think that was strange ? He did coach in the freakin NFL.

I have all kinds of thoughts on how it could happen. Did someone hack into the internal systems at Wake or snoop around? If that is what is going on, then it’s something that is bush by Louisville. If it’s just Wake Forest being sloppy and leaving something out to be taken, then I think it’s probably on Wake.

Would also be a criminal issue.

BREAKING: Former Wake Forest Football Assistant Provided Game Plan Information to Opponents

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2016/12/13 … ommy-elrod

[quote]An investigation by the Wake Forest Athletic Department following the Wake Forest-Louisville football game on November 12th, found that former Wake Forest coach Tommy Elrod has provided or attempted to provide confidential game plan information to opposing teams, starting in 2014.

Elrod served as the Wake Forest color man on the IMG Radio Network beginning in 2014, and has been terminated immediately from his position at IMG.

According to a Wake Forest press release, he will “no longer broadcast Wake Forest football games and has been banned from Wake Forest athletics and its facilities.”

Elrod graduated from Wake Forest in 1997 and served as an assistant under Jim Grobe for 11 seasons. He was not retained by current head coach Dave Clawson.

[/quote]

Well, sounds like that exonerates Louisville then. Any team would take information if offered to them. Sounds like the Wake Forest guy had severe sour grapes about not being retained. Sounds like something on the TV show Homeland.

Or he is selling the information.

That’s true, must be some left over animosity though. If money was involved that surely would be something illegal, wouldn’t it?

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
I have all kinds of thoughts on how it could happen. Did someone hack into the internal systems at Wake or snoop around? If that is what is going on, then it’s something that is bush by Louisville. If it’s just Wake Forest being sloppy and leaving something out to be taken, then I think it’s probably on Wake.
[/quote]If Louisville did engage in foul play, it could be considered a competitive advantage for the No. 5 Cardinals and coach Bobby Petrino, who coached at Arkansas from 2008-2011. ----- Exactly why I said that earlier. Why did Saturday Down South want to connect
Arkansas to that crap ? CBP has nothing to do with the quality of our program.

I wonder who dropped the ball on the Louisville end of the investigation?

It turns out that it had nothing to do with Louisville, but rather with an ex-Wake coach/current broadcaster.

Wake Forest Radio Analyst fired for gameplan leaks

I disagree Marty. It is my understanding that someone from the Louisville coaching staff excepted the ill gotten info.

Would they really? Some people don’t want to win like that. Or would be suspicious that the info they were getting was bogus. The guy was kept around enough to be on the WF radio network. Of course now his coaching and radio careers are both over. No one will trust him with anything.
And the other question is, did Louisville or anyone else pay for this info? I’d say buying it would put a new spin on things as well

Well, it could be that they expected it or accepted it (whichever you meant), but the thing is that it had been going on well before the Louisville game. The guy got fired for it. And according to the interview by CBP, Louisville didn’t use the info (whatever).

Yes, I meant accepted. Typing fast while working.

Coaches on both sides of the ball knew about having the stolen info. The reason the info wasn’t used is that WF found out about the breech before the game and did not use those plays. That most certainly affected their game plan against Louisville. It’s not over for Louisville, the ACC has been asked to be involved. Even Pat Forde, who loves Louisville, is saying heads should roll at UL.

http://footballscoop.com/news/louisvill … akeyleaks/

The ACC just released a statement saying that the integrity of the game is of great importance and they are investigating.

Eating popcorn while waiting for more stuff to hit the fan…

Certainly if a team pays for info that places the situation in a different light. Also, if Louisville had maybe heard there could be some info to be had and solicited it that would be an integrity of the game issue. Almost like shaving points. I’m wanting something bad to come out on Louisville, I’m just not sure if it was them or just the rogue Wake guy. I would be outraged if an Arkansas former coach or player ever gave out team information to another team. Much madder at that person than the team that received the intel.

This will be one great story if and when Elrod starts talking … Watch out, ACC!