Alex Collins looking good...

Running violently and effectively.

Yes he is! I’m really torn here as a DIE-HARD Steeler fan it is
a real conflict. I want ex-razorbacks to do well, but I want my
Steelers to win every game they play.

So here is hoping Alex has a good night, but a losing one.

WPS & GO STEELERS!!

52 yards and a score in the first half. Up to 757 yards for the year. He could still wind up with 1000+

Watching him this year makes me proud of his success…and makes me wonder how his Ark running mate JW might be doing right now if he had same opportunities as Alex.

YES he is!! WPS!!

He’s doing it all. Just got a good block to give Flacco time to throw for a TD. Has 100+ rushing and a TD and almost 50 yds receiving in less than 3 Qs.

He seems lighter and much quicker. I always thought he was too heavy at Arkansas. Hopefully Devwah Whaley will lose some weight under the new strength staff.

Alex Collins has found a home! He’s productive and they’ll keep him.

Not really. He was plenty quick and good, here. People just assume if you aren’t 4.4 guy you aren’t good enough for the NFL.

I argued 1000 times, here, he was good enough to be a productive NFL RB.

He had great results in the SEC. It wasn’t by being big and slow. And, those results (only 1 of 3 RBs EVER to have 3 consecutive 1000 td seasons in the SEC) while splitting carries a lot.

The same goes for Rawleigh. People always minimized his skills but he was an NFL caliber RB, too. Easily.

Steelers win the game ---- Win #1

Alex Collins has a great game ---- Win #2

WIN WIN!!! WPS … GO STEELERS!!!

In Peter King’s Monday morning NFL megacolumn, the first item on a list of quick thoughts about yesterday’s games is that he doesn’t understand why the Seahawks didn’t think Alex Collins was good enough to make their team this summer.

Ditto - huge win for our Steelers and great night for Alex.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]
Not really. He was plenty quick and good, here. People just assume if you aren’t 4.4 guy you aren’t good enough for the NFL.

He had great results in the SEC. It wasn’t by being big and slow. And, those results (only 1 of 3 RBs EVER to have 3 consecutive 1000 td seasons in the SEC) while splitting carries a lot.[/quote:3edwqg8b]

Your argument was valid obviously, but he is definitely lighter, quicker, and faster now than he was in college. He was very good when he played here, but he had about 5-10 lbs on him that he didn’t need. Seemed to be a trend with Herbert.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

[/quote:x8c232q4]
I did as well.

It’s his feet, and ability to quickly shift from one direction to another at full speed. Sure, it’s better if you’re a 4.3 guy and you can do that, all things considered; But you can earn a good paycheck doing it for several years if you’re a 4.55 guy, like Alex is (see Emmitt Smith).

I think the only thing that’s held him back, a little, in the NFL is his propensity for fumbling. He had a LOT of fumbles in college, and that has followed him in the NFL, though he is clearly aware of it and trying to correct it. He even fumbled last night - though, fortunately, one of his amalgamates covered it.

How many total rushing yards does Alex have for the Year?

I think its 825 rushing yards plus 121 receiving