Alabama’s class.... wow

22 of the ESPN 300 (6 from TX)

7 - 5 stars and 15 - 4 stars.

The top 2 OT’s

The 7th top rated class under Saban.

Some are calling this the best class of all time in college football.

The gap keeps widening

1 Like

Lots of new vehicles on campus soon!

1 Like

Unreal.

Hopefully it won’t outshine their 2017 class that included:

Devonta Smith
Mac Jones
Henry Ruggs
Tua
Jerry Jeudy
Jedrick Wills
Najee Harris
Alex Leatherwood
Dylan Moses

You guys carp and moan about cheating. Sure they cheat. So does Arkansas. But this is the difference. Let it soak in a little, including to realize what we’re up against:

1 Like

Hey…there is a positive from this to look at…6 studs not playing for the Aggies (or Shorthorns) is perfectly fine for me!

He may be the greatest college coach of all time when you consider what he has done at Alabama. He has set a different standard for Tide compared to what he did prior to landing there. When hired he told Mal Moore, the AD, that he was not the greatest coach but he was the best recruiter bar no-one. He has changed to getting better coaches and with that talent and support staff , he has it rolling now. I thought he might retire about three years ago when he was closing in on the Bear’s record but now I think health issue is likely only thing to slow him down. Keep feeding him Little Debbie oatmeal cookies and he is good for another National championship.

Saban is 69 now. No known health issues; as of a couple years ago he would play pickup basketball games regularly against his assistants. Of course, as many of us are finding out, when you get into your 60s and beyond your health can change drastically and quickly. But barring any sudden issues I won’t be surprised if he coaches until he’s 75. But that would be six more seasons.

I’m told that his last two classes (and that’s including this one) are his best two. He will want to coach them all the way through – so that would be three more years. Most of these players won’t stay four years, although that happened some with the current senior group. Someone who sees the Alabama practices is convinced that the key to their success is that they are able to hit more because the depth is greater. Saban is not afraid of losing players to injuries. That’s the issue that prevents many coaches from scrimmaging or tackling a lot.

For what it’s worth, I am told that Pittman does hit (if not scrimmage) more than coaches of recent history all the way back to Nutt. I saw Nutt’s practices and there were three heavy days of hitting, sometimes four. That’s rare now. To be physical, you have to practice physical.

Pitt should start recruiting them now; you know 50% will be gone after the first season.

“Someone who sees the Alabama practices is convinced that the key to their success is that they are able to hit more because the depth is greater. Saban is not afraid of losing players to injuries. That’s the issue that prevents many coaches from scrimmaging or tackling a lot.”

When you play starters on special teams, that’s a true testament that you’re not concerned about injury because you have a 4 or 5 star next up.

NFL program, not a college program.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.