Alabama offers Earle QB-ATH Gerry Bohanon (story)...

a 6-4, 215-pound junior who already has offers from Arkansas State and Memphis as well.

Arkansas, Auburn and Iowa State among others showing interes

He came to camp at Arkansas last summer.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … -alabama-/

https://twitter.com/iam_phenom/status/821088674897166337

I have talked to both Gerry and his coach and will have a story up soon.

Which side of the ball do you think he will play on in college Dudley?

Got a chance to watch him play in the 2A playoffs against England this year. I said that night this kid is going to blow up as far as recruitment. He is very well put together and a beast of an athlete. Plays QB for Earle and won’t play that in college, but as athletic as he is and with his size, he could play many positions in college. Already has the body build of a D1 football player. I’d love to see the Hogs offer him very soon. Hidden gem (well not so hidden after Satan offered).

Looks like the Power 5 schools are looking at him as a LB or DE

Is this he better than Dak Prescott?

can anyone provide and film link on the kid… hope we offer him… but as you know our coach is very late on handing out offers to arkansas kids. hope they understand why he does this.

It is going to be interesting watching this recruiting. Gerry thinks he is a QB and that is what he wants to play in college. right now only ASU or Memphis offer him that chance. The question for him is will he want to play QB or DB? as a DB he will be SEC. As a QB, not so sure about that.

I don’t think he is going to play DB anywhere.

I mean he is 6-4, 215 already

They do and it is explained up front to them as I have said ad nauseam on here

I’m trying to think of one that this has cost them own, but I haven’t been able to come up with one yet.

I’ll try to keep thinking.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

They do and it is explained up front to them as I have said ad nauseam on here

I’m trying to think of one that this has cost them own, but I haven’t been able to come up with one yet.

I’ll try to keep thinking.
[/quote]I am sure you are accustomed to stupid questions, but how does a program like Bama find an unranked Jr. in Earle, AR ? There has to be a connection somewhere or they have too many people on their staff.
Everybody saying offer him — basically because Bama did — needs to look at his highlights. He looks like Dak Prescott, but he also looks like a grown man playing against a junior high team, so I am glad I am not responsible for figuring it out.
Any idea of his 40 time ? What would he be recruited for at AR ?

[quote=“dm919”]

I think he’s been to some camps, and coaches subscribe to a recruiting service, that isn’t one we do, lol. They know just about who every athlete is and slot them for the schools.

[quote=“RICEPIG1”]

[quote=“dm919”]

I think he’s been to some camps, and coaches subscribe to a recruiting service, that isn’t one we do, lol. They know just about who every athlete is and slot them for the schools.
[/quote]Thanks and that makes total sense. And he looks like a great prospect to me, but I don’t know how you judge with the competition he is playing against — and no disrespect to Earle. I am from a school in AR that isn’t even a town.

This will be all about projecting him to D-1 and rolling the dice. Man among boys at 2A. He’s physical in that league but will he be physical against people his own size? I’ve known him and his family since he was 8th grader. Big frame…will go 230-240 easily after a year of college. Linebacker or maybe Tight End to me. Smart too. His mom is principal at Earle. Personally, I don’t think he throws it well enough to play QB in college. He’s never been asked to make a read. 8th grader at PA has been exposed to more QB coaching then GB.

[quote=“LRCHog”]
This will be all about projecting him to D-1 and rolling the dice. Man among boys at 2A. He’s physical in that league but will he be physical against people his own size? I’ve known him and his family since he was 8th grader. Big frame…will go 230-240 easily after a year of college. Linebacker or maybe Tight End to me. Smart too. His mom is principal at Earle. Personally, I don’t think he throws it well enough to play QB in college. He’s never been asked to make a read. 8th grader at PA has been exposed to more QB coaching then GB.
[/quote]Thanks for the insight.