Alabama is just too good...

They have beaten LSU 8 years in a row. Alabama won 29-0…they shut out LSU and made a good football team look like a real loser.
They gained about 600 yards while LSU had basically nill. How does LSU continually have no offense? They lack playmakers and a good quarterback this year, but the guy, Joe Morrow, has been decent. They have no talent at running back and receiver this year, but that is not the usual. Usually they are loaded at the skill positions.

The only thing that can stop Bama this year is the Hawaiian’s knee. He is such a great player…thrower and runner.

This is one of the all-time great college offenses. I compare it favorably to the Leinert-Bush offense at USC except Tua is more talented than Leinert.

Coach O was pretty plain about it afterward. It’s about having the same quality of linemen on both sides of the ball as Bama.

He’s not wrong.

Most underrated piece of Bama’s team this year is an amazingly consistent and versatile offensive line.

This is the most complete team in college ball in many years led by a soon to be NFL super star at QB.

Coach O has done a good job with this team. They have had a brutal schedule and are 7-2 without a really good quarterback, no stud running back and a lack of productive receivers. The LSU defense has been outstanding. Unfortunately for the Tigers, Bama has a tremendous offense and a great defense that is getting better.

Most teams would be in shambles after losing 22 players from the year before.
Bama got better. Must be nice to be able to plug in a 5* recruit to replace another.
Bama has some true freshmen starters that look NFL ready now.

And I think the overall quality of their team members is a great reason for the NCAA to initiate a system of limiting how many 5-star players you can have on one team–some kind of total point ceiling.

[quote=“Tuschawg”]

And I think the overall quality of their team members is a great reason for the NCAA to initiate a system of limiting how many 5-star players you can have on one team–some kind of total point ceiling.

[/quote]I understand the sentiment, but don’t see any way you can regulate it. Which poll would you go by? The “star” system is so subjective that a five-star in one service is a four-star in another. I know you could go with the average, but many recruiting “insiders” are fans who might undervalue a recruit so their team could have a four-star who is actually a five-star. There’s enough cheating in college football; no need to introduce another area where it could (and likely would) happen.

[quote=“Tuschawg”]

[/quote]I would settle for the NCAA, SEC and officials just putting them on same level as far as rules and calls! I know they would still be good, better than most, but never understood the protected status of the Tide.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

[quote=“Tuschawg”]

[/quote]I would settle for the NCAA, SEC and officials just putting them on same level as far as rules and calls! I know they would still be good, better than most, but never understood the protected status of the Tide.

[/quote]I did laugh last night when one of their defensive linemen was put in a headlock similar to what their offensive lineman did to Agim. Both got away with it.

I am sure our coaching staff watched the game last night to get sense of LSU since we will be playing them this week. Given the strong comments after the Vandy game, I am hoping with three games left that we will see lot’s of the freshmen on field now with the four game rule in effect. LSU has a good team but Bama is Bama–still the best in college football, unless Tau gets injured.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that people are giving up on this season with three games left, but I am. There’s a reason all those freshmen haven’t been playing: They’re not ready.

No so much giving up as dealing with reality. Rules allow 4 games without losing a season of eligibility so all freshmen are legal other than those that have played. The next three games are our bowl season practices so consider it an early jump on spring practice. Need to get some film on playing against someone other than the home team. The class coming in next year will have same growing pains as the existing roster of players.

Finally Morris said they had to find out who wanted to play and who they can depend on. I am taking him at his word that changes were needed.