About to give 50 ...

In first half in two straight games. This team has so many weaknesses. We get one area fixed and another problem arises.

Uh, . . . . . . . . . which area do you see as our having gotten fixed?

Rebounding I suppose since they were just -1 in the Tennessee game. But I don’t think Ole Miss rolls over the hogs in an easy fashion.
What I want to see is solid defense and not allow wide open 3’s and stupid fouls.
The free throw line is what will decide the game at Ole Miss!

Then we may be in more serious trouble than you think. I find it hard to believe that our free throw shooting will improve significantly from earlier outings in just 4 days. Hopefully we’ll see a resurgence to the reasonably good defense seen in some earlier games and our 3’s will be falling through the hoop. We sure need a win in this one!!

As of the 16th we were rank nationally in defensive rebounding at #102 and offensively we were #94 which is 7th in the Sec. Which isn’t terrible and is relative to your field goal percentage, we are in the top #20 in assists though. We have some good numbers and some such as FT percentage that’s a killer for us. Good morning. WPS

I think FT% will improve. Here is why, I looked up our stats since SEC play started (only SEC games to be more precise). Mason Jones is shooting 88%. The next highest guy is Joe at a whopping 56%. Yes, you guys read that right. Harris, who on the season is 68% and was 74% at New Mexico is shooting 42%. Those two guys alone should bring the team average up. Also, since SEC play began we are averaging 15.75 assists per game and 14.75 turnovers per game. You have to expect the turnovers to go down along with FT% to go up. I think that will happen.

I think FT% will improve. Here is why, I looked up our stats since SEC play started (only SEC games to be more precise). Mason Jones is shooting 88%. The next highest guy is Joe at a whopping 56%. Yes, you guys read that right. Harris, who on the season is 68% and was 74% at New Mexico is shooting 42%. Those two guys alone should bring the team average up. Also, since SEC play began we are averaging 15.75 assists per game and 14.75 turnovers per game. You have to expect the turnovers to go down along with FT% to go up. I think that will happen.

[/quote]

Those facts are truly depressing and I knew they were really bad… you are right, can’t possibly get worse.

You have a couple very good points, one is that the free throw line may very well determine this game and many more until we get better in this area. The other is that we do make a lot of stupid fouls that cost us dearly, sometimes refs do miss a call but to blame them after almost every loss is foolish and you hit the nail on the head with the stupid fouls comment. Our defenders try to belly up on a man 30 ft from the hoop when he catches it and he gives us a head shake that puts our guys on their heals and drives right by us, this has to stop at some point. Good post. WPS