AB just played one of the best games you'll ever see from a college freshman

The athleticism and vision is just next level with AB. No disrespect to Corey or Lee.

2 Likes

Easy there Jeremy…lol…Lee Mayberry and Corey Beck are still the cream of the crop(imo).

Lee was a silent killer.
Corey would choke the life out of he was defending and a teammate if he wasn’t doing right…lol

2 Likes

Jeff, you know Corey and Lee are good friends of mine, but even they would tell you AB is better than they were. Beck already told me that. Now, will AB win at that level, still remains to be seen.

2 Likes

I actually agree with both of you. I think one thing is pretty clear. Comparing freshmen years for the 3 players, AB would be clearly better. If he continues his development, AB has a higher ceiling than either Corey and Lee when including NBA time.

Lee and Corey proved how great they were over 3 years for the Razorbacks. They will always have their place in Razorback lore as GREAT PGs. Unfortunately, AB will only be here 1 year, so he will have to prove his greatness in the NBA. If AB can harness that offensive game he displayed yesterday, he will be an NBA All Star down the road.

1 Like

Just not sure after playing 3 or 4 games we can say that. I love AB and if he goes off today I’m on the bandwagon with you.

1 Like

What’s really impressive about AB is that he has that amazing vision while looking between large locks of hair! :rofl:

1 Like

Speaking of great point guards, HogStats tweeted this morning that Kareem Reid set the school record 26 years ago tonight with 16 assists against Jackson State.

2 Likes

If AB can shoot even close to what he did yesterday, he is basically unguardable.

1 Like

Another good friend. I’ve always loved great point guards.

2 Likes

HogStats also tweeted the box score of a previous Arkansas-Creighton game, 60 years ago in the old All-College tournament in OKC. Hogs won 73-61 despite a serious double double of a guy you’ve heard of, Paul Silas. Si had 13 points and 23 boards that night (he led the nation in rebounding that year).

I know one thing, it’s damn near impossible to get Jay Bilas to gush about anything Razorback, but he was Old Faithful yesterday.

3 Likes

Kareem is a great guy. He coached my great niece in AAU basketball. I was blessed to visit with him at AAU events. When my niece passed away Kareem and his fiancé came to her celebration of life. We shared a big hug and a couple of tears. Always be grateful to Kareem.

3 Likes

Kareem worked really hard to help get Coach’s name on the court, and he still lives here. Just something special about this place. Pat told me he’s thinking about moving back. No family like Hog family.

2 Likes

I think we’ll see him courtside at BWA at some point this year. I see 7 home games that are on ESPN/2/U this year at BWA, and I guess he could slum and work an SECN game too. Too bad the Bayluh game isn’t here; that would be almost a given.

1 Like

My best guess would be the Bama game on January 11.

Or just one game.

1 Like