A sad commentary on the state of the program

It’s not so much that I think this is accurate - too many moving parts - but for there even to be a perception out there that one team is at #57 and another is #62 is disheartening and frankly a little embarassing.

CCM has a big job in front of him in terms of improving not only the on field product but also the perception of Arkansas football. Of course improving the former takes care of the latter but it will be a process and likely take more time than we would all like.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba … ball-teams

Bret should write an apology letter to the state of Arkansas and razorback fans for this.

That really chaps my A–.

Chad will get it done, but man… that’s something I truly never thought I’d see, even though it doesn’t mean anything. Still is a perception I never thought would happen either.

Just more fuel for the fire… but it’s just an opinion.

Confident we will exceed those expectations in 2018. No worse than 49th!

No way any SEC program should be ranked below a Sun Belt team. A-State certainly has been rolling the last few years and may be able to beat Arkansas occasionally, but I don’t entertain this as even being close to the truth. But it has people talking obviously.

[quote=“HogQ”]

Just more fuel for the fire… but it’s just an opinion.

[/quote]Seems certain, from at least another’s opinion who has provided the fuel for his fire. New day, new coach and I am all for moving on.

Well, here’s what’s going on where it counts – winter workouts (watch the video, second in the Twitter timeline):

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB?ref_src … r%5Eauthor

I fully realize 50-second snippets of winter workouts don’t mean much, but I like seeing Morris down there with the players fully participating and making them bust their a**. On the surface, it looks like they’ll play for him, the strength coach, and the rest of the staff.

Good grief. You say this article doesn’t mean anything. But, you want CBB to write an apology letter to the state of Arkansas and Razorback fans for this meaningless article??? This is a February football publication for crying out loud.

I don’t think our stable is that bare.

Are you going to give Bielema credit if Coach Morris wins with the current talent? Save the dramatics until at least spring football results are in.

Why would I give Bret credit for Chad winning with something Bret couldn’t?

That makes no sense…

As for the letter, that’s as partly a joke, although as someone who is not attached to Bret the person it’s easy to see he put us in an embarrassing place.

Yes I fully understand it means nothing. But like I said, the perception is something I never thought I’d see. That little ole A State ever in any fashion be thought of as a better team than even the lowest of lows for the hogs, it’s sad.

I’ll always hold the coach accountable. I’ve said it before, I’m not a fan of the coach, I’m a fan of the program. The coaches are disposable if they do not do their job, and Bret was not ready for the SEC, and I don’t think he will ever coach P5 again because of t.

I think you’re right.

Chads involvement, activeness, and attitude will be contageous. He will set a standard for the players. I hear he’s an avid jogger, seeing your coach put in work on his lunch break to take care of himself will be motivating, and something they are not used to. As for the attitude and energy, there’s no question that rubs off on those around you. I love being around upbeat, positive, energetic people.

The only thing in shape in the Bielema household was Jen; and a lovely shape she was. But Brett…there’s no excuse for it with all of the resources available (workouts, nutrition, etc.) Classic case of “don’t do as I do but do as I say.”

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

No way any SEC program should be ranked below a Sun Belt team. A-State certainly has been rolling the last few years and may be able to beat Arkansas occasionally, but I don’t entertain this as even being close to the truth. But it has people talking obviously.

[/quote]I generally agree with this. But regardless, head-to-head the Hogs would win against ASU, anywhere. Especially, with a coach Morris team. As an aside, I’ve always liked the concept of playing ASU; I think an annual game in LR would be outstanding. But, absent the politics, the Hogs are the better, faster, deeper, stronger team; and now that CBB is gone, we’re the vastly better team.

Oh, boo hoo.

Some of you are the case study for this: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti … book-Share

Man you guys are a piece of work.

Yea, blame it all on Brett, the program was in sooooo much better shape when he got here huh!

That’s one person perception…The reality is the product on the field. We won’t know that until this fall.

I happen to think the product on the field this Fall will be better in Fayetteville than Jonesboro.

That said, I feel badly for CCM and staff they inherited a program that’s perceived to be so poor. It makes their job on the recruiting trail harder when the program is perceived the way it currently is. Kids want to play for winners. Hopefully the team can scrap together a winning record and bowl game with an exciting style of play… begin to change the narrative.

By one–ONE–publication. I don’t perceive it to be that poor. I feel for any Hog fan that feels it’s really that poor. And I doubt that most people outside Arkansas would perceive it to be that poor. If not going to a bowl game causes that big of a drop in perception, then do you think Arkansas State is better than most other Power 5 teams that didn’t make a bowl? I don’t feel sorry for anybody making $3 million a year to coach football. CCM does have his work cut out for him, but not because some publication is crazy enough to rank Arkansas that low, but because Arkansas fans are going to demand better than what they’ve had the last six years, five for which CBB are directly to be blamed.

I can never quite figure out how Athlon stays in business.

No one is going to take us seriously until we beat somebody that the ESPN etc. talking heads don’t think we can beat. The SEC Network guys might notice a little that we are actually better than predicted, but we are under the radar until we force our way into the spotlight. It does not mean we are in terrible shape right now, or that we won’t be getting better during the season, it just means we are going to be generally ignored.