A Razorback fan

has to be a tough SOB. I am a tough SOB.

I hear ya.

I know several that might fit that description. While I don’t call myself that (maybe a tough DOB), I pretty much fit that. There are a number of us who attend most games, or every single game and sit through the entire thing. I long for the days when it took a long time to get a seat on the bus after each game.

I know we will be good again. I just hope I’m not to old to enjoy it .

Times like these separates Razorback fans from fair weather fans. If the Hogs never win another game I’ll always be a Razorback fan. I’ve read in other posts where some are thinking about jumping off the bus due to all the losses over the past few years. I get it but I’m not one of those.

I want to win. But not at all costs.

I’m confident good days are head. Hope springs eternal.

I think I’m a tough SOB. Real tough.

You’re probably as tough as any of us. But that comes with age & experience as a Hog Fan.
I don’t think there are to many if any band wagon hog Fans on this board. Pretty tough bunch around here.

indeed it is a tough band of brothers. not a venue for those with weak stomachs

My wife and I took some friends to the game this weekend. They wanted to see my name in the Senior Walk so we gave them a tour of the campus. My name is near Old Main and I can’t describe how proud I felt to show them where it was. But my pride wasn’t just about my name , but about that beautiful campus where it is located and what it represents to all of us who went to school there or love the Razorbacks. As we walked and experienced that beautiful fall day, we could hear the sounds of the stadium before the game. Then the stadium came in to view and we walked up to the new Razorback sculpture and saw all the sights and sounds of a game day. Pride, love and toughness almost overwhelmed me. We’ll be back. We’re tough. We’re Razorbacks…

We all want to win and losing stings and robs me of some
of my enjoyment of the game; however, I am still a joyous Razorback and yet weigh it all as gain for time well spent.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. And those in
other lands now asleep canst know how accursed they are
not to have walked in their tender years down Dickson and Stadium Drive and up Cleveland and across West Maple and
welcomed evening in the shadow of Old Main.

Thanks and a bow to William Shakespeare

Great post.

Yes. This captures my feelings.

Thru the years, and I am talking about a quite a few years, I have been rooting on the hogs since 1969. I use to wonder what it must be like to be a Vanderbilt fan and support your team year in and year out while always bring up the rear. I don’t have to wonder any more!

[quote=“Razormac”]

Thru the years, and I am talking about a quite a few years, I have been rooting on the hogs since 1969. I use to wonder what it must be like to be a Vanderbilt fan and support your team year in and year out while always bring up the rear. I don’t have to wonder any more!

[/quote]Do us all a favor and start wondering what it’s like to be Alabama and being hands-down the best in the nation! Ha! I joke with you because I commiserate with you, having been a fan since approximately 1969.

I understand we all need thick shin. People joked with me all over the country about being a hog fan. I will always be a hog fan no matter what their record is in any sport. But I do not want to win at all cost!
When we do get back to winning the fair weather fans will jump back on board.
I’ve been dealing with cancer this football season so I haven’t been to the hill but I miss the tailgating and seeing my fellow hog fans. I made the drive for every loss under John L. Smith and those losses hurt but it was wonderful seeing my fellow hog fans. Times like these you find out who the real hog fans are.
I can’t sleep so I read the board and try to keep up with crootin and see what’s up. Everyone have patience we need to be able to keep a coach more than 4 to 5 years at a time.
Have faith in our hogs! We can sure understand what cub fans have gone through. Next year!

Take care Army and prayers for healing!
I thought about the Cubs analogy yesterday.

I love reading this. Makes me proud.

That Shakespeare guy was one Hell of a Razorback, great post!

I am 78, really became a Hog fan in 1956, My fervent desire is to live long enough to see us back on top, but in the meantime I am and always will be a Hog.
WPS

Hang in there, it will happen soon.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

No joke, I don’t have to have Alabama’s unprecedented success, but it will be nice to be a team that must be respected year in and year out. As far as the crimson tide fans go, I would bet that at least 20% are front runners and if and when the tide falters, those fans will be buying up whoever’s hat is hot at that given time.